What is National Super Computing Mission?
- Implemented and steered jointly by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY).
- The mission was set up to provide the country with supercomputing infrastructure to meet the increasing computational demands of academia, researchers, MSMEs, and startups by creating the capability design, manufacturing, of supercomputers indigenously in India.
- Aim – To connect national academic and R&D institutions with a grid of more than 70 high-performance computing facilities
- This at an estimated cost of ₹4,500 crores over the period of seven years.
India and Myanmar to work towards the operationalization of the Sittwe Port
- India and Myanmar have agreed to work towards the operationalization of the Sittwe port in the Rakhine state in the first quarter of 2021.
- Sittwe port is situated at the Kaladan river
- It is being financed by India as a part of the Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Transport Project, a collaboration between India and Myanmar.
- The project is aimed at developing transport infrastructure in southwestern Myanmar and north-eastern India.
API Integration between PM SVANidhi and SBI Portal
- Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs launched the Application Programming Interface (API) integration between the PM SVANidhi Portal and the State Bank of India (SBI) portal.
- It will be as a part of Prime Minister Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) Scheme
- Aim: To ease processing of loan applications.
- This integration will facilitate seamless flow of data between the PM SVANidhi Portal and SBI’s e-Mudra Portal.
- This is going to benefit the street vendors seeking working capital loan under the Scheme.
Nobel Prize for Chemistry, 2020
- The 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry is awarded to Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A. Doudna.
- They have been awarded “for the development of a method for genome editing”
- Nobel Prize for Chemistry, 2020
- It is the first time the Nobel Prize for chemistry has been awarded to two women in the same year.
- The Nobel Prize for Chemistry has been awarded 112 times between 1901 and 2020.
- The Nobel Prize in Chemistry is awarded by The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden.
8 October: Indian Air Force Day
- The Air Force Day is celebrated every year on October 8.
- This day Indian Air Force was officially established in 1932.
- The Day is observed to increase the awareness of Indian air force in any organisation of the national security both officially and publicly.
Current COVID19 Situation in India
Sittwe Port is situated in which of the following country?
- South Korea
Answer – C
Who all have been awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2020?
- Emmanuelle Charpentier
- Jennifer A. Doudna
- None of the Above
Answer – C
Indian Air Force Day is celebrated on:
- 8 October
- 9 October
- 10 October
- 11 October
Answer – A
Question of the Day
What is Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Transport Project?
Answer in next session…