Today’s 17th September 2022 Defence Current Affairs and Updates will show us the latest defense-related news about national and international current events. These current events and questions will be very helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article.
Defence Current Affairs 17 September 2022
Iran Signs Formal MoU To Join SCO
- Iran has signed a memorandum of commitment to join the SCO, giving a boost to India’s focus on an inclusive connectivity agenda in the Eurasian region that would function parallel to China’s Belt and Road Initiative. Iran will attend the SCO as a full member from the Summit to be hosted by India in 2023.
- Iran’s entry into the SCO will boost India’s Eurasian outreach ensuring seamless coordination between India and Iran and Eurasian states besides Russia. India also maintains that entry of Iranian oil into the market will address global energy security to some extent.
- Ahead of the SCO Summit, there has been a flurry of engagements between New Delhi and Tehran with a focus on strengthening connectivity mechanisms, especially the International North–South Transport Corridor (INSTC) and Chabahar Port.
- SCO is a permanent intergovernmental international organization.
- It’s a Eurasian political, economic and military organization aiming to maintain peace, security and stability in the region.
- It was created in 2001.
- The SCO Charter was signed in 2002, and entered into force in 2003.
Bhubaneswar Witnesses IAF Aerobatic Spectacle
- Citizens of Bhubaneswar witnessed a dazzling exhibition of aerobatics in the sky on Friday by a team of the Indian Air Force. The exhibition by the Surya Kiran Aerobatic Team was held at the Balijatra ground on the Kuakhai riverbank near Jaripatana.
- A fleet of nine aircraft made several manoeuvres during the air show, which was held to commemorate the 75 years of India’s Independence. The aircraft made loops and also formed the shape of a diamond while flying past.
- Area: 155,707 km²
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Population: 4.37 crores (2014)
- Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik
IAF Chinooks To Fly Cheetahs To Kuno National Park
- While a commercial civil plane will bring Cheetahs from Namibia, the IAF is ready to deploy its Chinook heavy lift helicopters which will ferry the felines from the Jaipur airport to the Kuno national park.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to inaugurate the “Reintroduction of the Cheetah” project at the Kuno National Park in the Sheopur district of Madhya Pradesh on September 17.
- The big cat species will be reintroduced in India after 70 years since being declared extinct in 1952. One of the most successful wildlife conservation ventures ‘Project Tiger’ which was initiated way back in 1972, has not only contributed to the conservation of tigers but also to the entire ecosystem.
- Watch: What Is Project Cheetah? [Fully Explained]
Women Staff Of Paramilitary Force CRPF To Get Special Batons
- In order to discourage the mob and mischief mongers during riots or other law and order situations, the CRPF is looking for options like high-tech sticks that will ‘stun’ offenders for their women personnel.
- This special Polycarbonate baton will have electrical features that will generate an electric shock that will not be lethal. CRPF is in a process of framing Qualitative Requirements of Polycarbonate Shield and Lathi for women personnel in collaboration with the Defence Institute of Physiology & Allied Sciences.
- At present, CRPF has six battalions of women personnel that contain more than 6,000 women personnel who are deployed on active duty in Jammu and Kashmir, Ayodhya, Manipur, Assam, LWE area and other parts of the country where they are doing a commendable job. Out of these six battalions, RAF has 15 small battalions with 35-40 women in each battalion.
- Besides that it must be able to protect the whole body of women personnel from injuries due to impact, blow from blunt objects, brick batting, Lathi blow, stone pelting, projectile /missile, acid bulbs, Molotov’s cocktails and industrial chemicals thrown at her. The baton should have operational life of red colour LED and should glow for 30 minutes continuously with the recharging facility.
INS Ajay To Be Decommissioned
- INS Ajay to be decommissioned at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai on 19 Sep 22, after 32 years of service to the Nation.
- With her formidable armament of long-range torpedoes & anti-submarines rockets, the “Submarine Hunter” has successfully discharged her role of keeping our coasts safe.
- INS Ajay (P34) is an Abhay-class corvette, currently in service with the Indian Navy. She was named for INS Ajay, the first warship built in independent India .
- Length: 56 m
- Beam: 10 m
- Commissioned: 24 January 1990
- Propulsion: 2 diesel motors with 16,184 hp (12,068 kW) and 2 shafts (Another report says 4 engines)
First Indigenous Attack Helicopters LCH To Be Inducted In IAF At Jodhpur Air Base On 3rd Oct
- The IAF is set to formally induct the indigenous LCH at the Jodhpur air force station on October 3, with the new platform capable of targeting enemy air defences, slow-moving aircraft, high-altitude bunkers as well as carrying out counter-insurgency operations.
- India’s Cabinet Committee on Security, headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in March cleared the purchase of 15 such helicopters for the air force and the army from HAL at a cost of ₹3,887 crores.
- Of the initial 15 limited series production helicopters approved, 10 are for the IAF and five for the army. The chopper can land and take off from an altitude of 5,000 metres with weapons and fuel.
- LCH has an indigenous content of 45% by value and it will progressively increase to more than 55% for the series production version, according to the defence ministry. HAL expects follow-on orders as IAF and the army have a combined projected requirement of 160 LCHs.
- Which Country signed a memorandum of commitment for its permanent membership in the SCO?
- Defence Institute of Physiology & Allied Sciences Is A Operating Agency Of
- Ex ‘BLUE FLAG’ Conducted b/w India &
- ‘Parvat Prahar’ Exercise Has Been Conducted By Which Of The Following Indian Armed Force?
- Defence Security Corps
- Indian Army
- Indian Navy
- Indian Air Force
- Which Organisation Manufactured Tejas Mark-2 Fighter Jets?
- Indian Army Contingent Participated In Exercise Vostok-2022 In Which Country?
- Udarshakti Is A Bilateral Exercise Which Is Being Held Between India And Which Other Country? Commissioned In
- What Is The Name Of The Submarine Which Has been Decommissioned From The Indian Navy?
- INS Rajput
- INS Nishank
- INS Sindhudhvaj
- INS Ranjit
- Heron MK II Is A
- Machine Gun
- Fighter Jet
- Chabahar Port Is Located In
- SCO Member Countries Contribute About __Of Global GDP.
- Pratap Chandra Lal Was A Former Chief Of
- Indian Army
- Indian Navy
- Space & Upper Atmosphere Research Commission Is A Space Agency Of
- RS-28 Sarmat “Satan 2”is a
- Machine Gun
- Fighter Jet
- BELMOPAN Is The Capital Of
- “The Living Mountain” Book Is Written By
- JK Rowling
- Aakash Ranison
- Hew Strachan
- Amitav Ghosh
- Joint Exercises B/w India And Sri Lanka Is Called:
- MITRA SHAKTI
- India Purchased Sig Sauer assault rifles from
- None of the above
- India Purchased Romeo 64 Helicopter from
- Which Is Not The Member Of BIMSTEC?
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- August 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- July 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- June 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- May 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- April 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- March 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- February 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- January 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]