Today’s 18th & 19th September 2022 Defence Current Affairs and Updates will show us the latest defense-related news about national and international current events. These current events and questions will be very helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article.
Defence Current Affairs 18-19 September 2022
Exercise JIMEX 2022 Concludes
- The sixth edition of the Japan India Maritime Exercise 2022, JIMEX 22 hosted by the Indian Navy concluded in the Bay of Bengal with the two sides bidding farewell to each other with a customary steam past on 17 Sep 22.
- Indian Naval ships led by Rear Adm Sanjay Bhalla, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet and Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF) Ships Izumo and Takanami led by Rear Adm Hirata Toshiyuki, Commander Escort Flotilla Four, participated in the week-long exercise.
- JIMEX 22 witnessed some of the most complex exercises undertaken jointly by the two navies. Both sides engaged in advanced level anti-submarine warfare, weapon firings and Air Defence exercises. Shipborne helicopters, fighter aircraft and submarines also participated in the exercise. IN and JMSDF ships replenished each other at sea under the agreement on Reciprocal Provision for Supply and Services (RPSS).
- The exercise, which marked the tenth anniversary of JIMEX since its inception in 2012, consolidated the mutual understanding and interoperability between the two navies.
- Also Read: All About Japan-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise – Jimex 2022
Mega Coastal Clean-up Drive ‘Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar’ Campaign
- Over 500 naval personnel from Eastern Naval Command have joined the Mega Coastal Cleanup Drive as part of Puneet Sagar Abhiyan and to mark the 37th International Coastal Cleanup (ICC) Day with the theme “Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar”, “Clean Coast, Safe Seas” on 17 Sep 22.
- The naval personnel along with NCC Cadets carried out the beach cleanup drives at Yerada, Kalinga beaches and all waterfronts within the premises of naval units. The Coastal Cleanup Drive has gained prominence in Visakhapatnam over the last few years primarily due to rapid industrialisation and development activity impacting the environment and surroundings. ENC has been playing active role by undertaking various environmental initiatives toward the preservation of environment especially the Oceans.
- The event is aimed to create awareness among the general public towards the upkeep of the beaches as per the Govt. of India mega Coastal Cleanup Drive of covering 7500 kms stretch covering 75 beaches for 75 days which has commenced on 03 Jul 22 and culminating on 17 Sep 22 coincides the celebrations 75 years of the country’s independence in the form of with Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. The underlying goals of the campaign are to ‘Consume Responsibly, Segregate waste at home, and to Dispose Responsibly’.
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh To Visit Egypt
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh will pay an official visit to Egypt from September 19-20, 2022. During the visit, Shri Rajnath Singh will hold bilateral talks with Minister of Defence and Defence Production, General Mohamed Zaki. The two Ministers will review the bilateral defence ties, explore new initiatives to intensify military-to-military engagements and focus on deepening cooperation between the defence industries of the two countries. An MoU to provide further impetus to enhanced defence cooperation between India and Egypt will also be signed.
- The Raksha Mantri will also call on the President of Egypt Mr Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi. The visit by Shri Rajnath Singh aims to further consolidate defence cooperation and the special friendship between India and Egypt.
- Egypt is one of the largest investment destinations for India in the region with an existing Indian investment of USD 3.15 billion. Indian companies continue to execute several projects in Egypt.
- Moreover, to bolster defence cooperation between the two countries, a team of the Indian Air Force arrived in Egypt on June 22 to participate in a bilateral ‘Tactical Leadership Programme’ with the Egyptian Air Force.
IAF’s ‘Project Cheetah’ For Weaponising Israeli Drones To Be Awarded To Indian Firms
- With all major import deals being either put on hold or scrapped by the Narendra Modi government, the Indian Air Force is now planning to go ahead with its Project Cheetah under the Make in India route where Indian defence manufacturers would arm the Israeli Heron drones with strike capabilities.
- Under the ambitious Project Cheetah, the Indian Air Force wants to upgrade its existing fleet of Israeli-origin Heron unmanned aerial vehicles with better communication facilities and missiles which can target enemy positions from long range.
- Made in Israel, Heron Unmanned Aerial Vehicle is a medium-altitude UAV and can carry up to 250 kg of weight, including a thermographic camera, airborne ground surveillance, visible light, radar systems, etc. The Heron UAV is capable of returning to base autonomously in case of lost communication.
- Heron drones of the three services, the Indian Air Force (IAF), Indian Army, and the Indian Navy will be upgraded to be armed with laser-guided bombs, air-to-ground, and air-launched anti-tank guided missiles. This project is in the last stage of decision-making.
US Coast Guard Ship Midgett Visits Chennai Port To Promote Open Indo-Pacific
- The United States Coast Guard ship Midgett, a Hawaii-based National Security Cutter, reached Chennai for a port visit from September 16 to 19. USCG Midgett intends to hold bilateral in-port and at-sea professional exchanges, sharing expertise and best practices in exercises in Coast Guard missions.
- USCGC Midgett is on a mission to promote a free and open Indo-Pacific through cooperation and maritime domain awareness with the ICG. The visit by USCGC Midgett is aimed at reiterating the 75 years of trusted partnership b/w the US and India & strengthening the relationship b/w the US and ICG.
- In August 2019, U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Stratton visited Chennai to expand cooperation between personnel, which plays a critical role in ensuring freedom of navigation in the Indo-Pacific region.
Indian Army Invites Firms To Offer Critical Defence Equipment For Procurement
- The Indian Army on Sunday invited the domestic defence industry to offer critical defence equipment for emergency procurement in line with its commitment to “fight future wars with indigenous solutions”.
- The process will be based on “compressed timelines, wherein the procurement window will be open to the Indian industry for six months and the industry would be expected to deliver equipment within one year of signing the contract“.
- “Proposals are being fielded for Guns, Missiles, Drones, Counter Drone, Loiter Munition, Communication & Optical systems, specialist Vehicles, Engineering Equipment & Alternate Energy Resources,” it said in another tweet.
- Since few years, the Indian Army has been focusing on finding indigenous solutions to meet its needs.
- Naval War College Is Located In
- The Theme Of The 37th International Coastal Cleanup (ICC) Day Is
- Safe Land
- Clean Coast, Safe Seas
- Always Clean
- HOP EX Conducted b/w India &
- JIMEX Was First Started In
- Puneet Sagar Abhiyan Is Conducted By
- Recently Defence Minister Is Visited Which Nation?
- None of the above
- Defence Expo 2022 Will Be Held In
- Major Rank of Indian Army Is Equivalent To Which Rank Of The Indian Navy?
- Lt Commander
- Range of Shaurya Missile Is
- 700 to 1,900 km
- 500 – 15,00 km
- 1,500 – 2,000 km
- 2,500 – 3,200 km
- Rashtriya Rifles Motto Is
- Courage and Valor
- Always Brave
- Service Before Self
- War Cry of ASSAM REGIMENT
- Parakramo Vijayate
- Rhino Charge
- Jai Bajrangbali
- Duty, Honour, courage
- Amogha Is A
- Anti-tank guided missile
- Surface-to-surface tactical ballistic missile
- Quick reaction surface to air missile
- Multiple rocket launcher
- Department of Military Affairs Headed By
- Defence Minister
- Cairo Is The Capital Of
- El Salvador
- “INDO-PAK WAR 1971- Reminiscences of Air Warriors” Book Is Written By
- Bimal Jalal
- Vinit Karnik
- Hew Strachan
- Rajnath Singh
- 9th Edition of ‘Exercise LAMITIYE’, Conducted At
- None of the above
- India Purchased Mi-17 from
- Controller General of Defence Accounts Heads The
- MoD Accounts
- Make In India Accounts
- Parliament Accounts
- Defence Accounts Department
- Army Sports Institute Is In
- SITMEX Ex Is Done Among
- India, Singapore, and Thailand
- India, Sri Lanka and Thailand
- Indonesia, Singapore, and Thailand
- None of the above
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- August 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- July 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- June 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- May 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- April 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- March 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- February 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- January 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]