Today’s 28th September 2022 Defence Current Affairs and Updates will show us the latest defense-related news about national and international current events. These current events and questions will be very helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article.
Defence Current Affairs 28 September 2022
Defence Manufacturer Saab To Produce Carl-Gustaf M4 Weapons System In India
- Swedish defence products company Saab will manufacture its Carl-Gustaf M4 weapons system in India. According to Gorgen Johannson, Senior Vice President at Saab, production in its new facility in India is expected to start in 2024. However, he declined to provide detail on the investment that the company is likely to make in the facility.
- The new facility will support its production as well as components for users of the system around the world, the company said.
- The Carl-Gustaf M4 is a recoilless rifle that has been ordered by the Indian armed forces. There’s been an increased interest in the weapon system, which can be used against tanks, since the conflict in Ukraine.
- “The Carl-Gustaf M4 can be fitted with a wide range of sights to ensure maximum effect in any tactical situation and flexibility for the user. The system is attached with standard clip-on telescopic sight, with additional options, including open sight, red dot sight and advanced fire control devices, available.
IAF’s First Woman Su-30 Weapon System Operator
- Amid the ongoing military deployment along the China front, IAF’s only female Weapon System Operator in the deadly Sukhoi-30 fighter fleet on Tuesday said pilots in the eastern sector were ready to respond to any eventuality in the area and prove their mettle in real operations.
- “Every fighter pilot in the IAF trains for being a part of any genuine mission since that is where we would get to demonstrate our mettle. Our pilots are available to respond to any situation from a number of bases in the eastern sector. Flight Lieutenant Tejaswi said, “We are always prepared for any kind of jobs and problems that may come upon us.
- The WSOs, also known as wizzos, are specialised officers who fly in the multirole Su-30 fighter aircraft’s rear cockpit and control the sensors and armaments that the aircraft will use to fire at hostile targets.
- The Sukhoi Su-30MKI is a twinjet multirole air superiority fighter developed by Russia’s Sukhoi and built under licence by India’s Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for the Indian Air Force. A variant of the Sukhoi Su-30, it is a heavy, all-weather, long-range fighter.
- Top speed: 2,120 km/h
- Range: 3,000 km
- Length: 22 m
- Wingspan: 15 m
- Engine type: Saturn AL-31
- Manufacturers: Sukhoi, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- For more details read: Meet IAF’s First Female Su-30 Fighter Weapon System Operator Flight Lieutenant Tejaswi
DM Urges To Increase Investment In Defence Corridors In Uttar Pradesh & Tamil Nadu
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh has called upon the Indian defence industry to identify and manufacture state-of-the-art cost-effective products/technologies to realise Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of a ‘New India’ that not only caters to its own needs, but also fulfils international requirements. He was addressing the 5thAnnual Session of Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) in New Delhi on September 27, 2022.
- “According to a recent report by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), in 2021, world military spending crossed US $2 trillion for the first time. It has increased by 0.7 percent as compared to 2020 and 12 percent as compared to 2012.
- The 5th Annual Session of SIDM was organised on the theme ‘India@75: Shaping for India@100’, with the aim to position India as one of the top countries in defence manufacturing.
- On the occasion, Shri Rajnath Singh felicitated the winners of the 2nd edition of SIDM Champions Award. Bharat Electronics Limited, Bharat Forge Ltd and Larsen & Toubro Ltd were among the winners who were felicitated in different categories such as Technology Innovation to address capability gaps, Import Substitution and Infrastructure for Design/Development &Testing.
Rajnath Singh Reviews DefExpo 2022 Preparations In New Delhi
- Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh reviewed the preparations for the forthcoming DefExpo 2022 at a meeting in New Delhi on September 27, 2022. During the meeting, the Raksha Mantri was briefed by officials about the extensive arrangements being made by multiple stakeholders for the event.
- The 12th edition of DefExpo, scheduled to be held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat between October 18-22, 2022, will be the biggest ever as a record 1,136 companies have registered for the event as on September 27, 2022.
- The event is being planned in the largest ever total area of over one lakh sqm (previous edition being 76,000 sqm). The theme of 12th DefExpo is ‘Path to Pride’.
- For the first time, States/Union Territories have been invited to set up pavilions at the event, with several confirming their participation. More than 300 partnerships in terms of MoUs, Transfer of Technology agreements and product launches are being finalised.
India Can Scale Up Production Of Tejas Fighters For Operational Needs And Exports
- India can scale up production of the indigenous Tejas light combat aircraft to meet operational requirements and export orders, defence ministry officials say, claiming that delays in deliveries are now a thing of the past.
- The single-engine Tejas fighter is already the frontrunner to bag a Malaysian order for 18 light twin-seat fighter trainers despite strong competition from Chinese JF-17, South Korean FA-50 and Russian MiG-35 and Yak-130 jets.
- “Moreover, there are also inquiries about the fighter from Argentina, Egypt and the Philippines, among others”.
- The current production rate of Tejas by defence PSU HAL is eight aircraft per year but “additional capacity is now available” to enhance it. “It is not difficult”.
- The plan is to progressively scale up the production rate to 16 Tejas per year for deliveries of the 73 “improved” Mark-1A fighters and 10 trainers to the IAF, which are slated to begin in February 2024 and end by February 2029. The Rs 46,898 crore contract for these 83 Tejas was inked with HAL in February 2021.
DRDO Conducted Two Successful Test Flights Of VSHORADS
- DRDO conducted two successful test flight of Very Short-Range Air Defence System (VSHORADS) missile on 27 Sep 2022 from a ground based portable launcher at the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, off the coast of Odisha. VSHORADS is a Man Portable Air Defence System (MANPAD) designed and developed indigenously by DRDO’s Research Centre Imarat (RCI), Hyderabad in collaboration with other DRDO laboratories and Indian Industry Partners.
- VSHORADS missile incorporates many novel technologies including miniaturized Reaction Control System (RCS) and integrated avionics, which have been successfully proven during the tests. The missile, meant for neutralizing low altitude aerial threats at short ranges is propelled by a dual thrust solid motor. The design of the missile including launcher has been highly optimized to ensure easy portability. Both the flight tests have completely met the mission objectives.
- Hon’ble Raksha Mantri, Shri Rajnath Singh complimented and appreciated the efforts of DRDO and industry partners and said that this new missile equipped with modern technologies will give further technological boost to the Armed Forces. Secretary DDR&D and Chairman DRDO congratulated the entire VSHORADS team for this tremendous success.
- LCA Tejas Is Manufactured By
- Lockheed Martin
- The 5th Annual Session of SIDM Was Organised On The Theme Of
- India@75: Showing for India@100
- India@75: Shaping for India@100
- India@75: Shaping for India
- SIDM Stands For
- Social of Indian Defence Manufacturers
- Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers
- Society of India Defence Manufacturers
- Society of Indian Defence Merit
- Ex EKUVERIN, EX EKATHA Conducted b/w India &
- Integrated Cryogenic Engines Manufacturing Facility Is Located At
- Which Of The Following Company Is A Navratna Company Of Bharat?
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL)
- All of the above
- NAVAL EXERCISE VARUNA – 2022 Conducted B/W
- India & USA
- India & France
- India & Japan
- India & Italy
- ‘VARUNA’ Is Being Conducted In The
- Indian Ocean
- Arabian Sea
- Bay of Bengal
- AFSPA Is Imposed By
- None of the above
- Hq Of Airports Authority of India Is In
- New Delhi
- LIGO Stands For
- Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observation
- Laser Interferometer Gravitational waving Observatory
- Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Obesity
- Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory
- Where Is The Hq Of The Western Command of The Indian Army?
- Chand mandir
- Department of Space Hq At
- None of the above
- San Salvador Is The Capital Of
- El Salvador
- “The Little Book of Joy” Book Is Written By
- Richa Mishra
- Sagarika Ghose
- Dalai Lama & Desmond Tutu
- Dr. Kiran Bedi
- National Crime Records Bureau Was Formed In
- 11 March 1986
- 12 March 1987
- 13 March 1988
- None of the above
- IONS Stands For
- Indian Ocean Naval Security
- Indian Ocean Navy Symposium
- Indian Oman Naval Symposium
- Indian Ocean Naval Symposium
- CCS Stands For
- Cabinet Committee on Sagar
- Cabinet Committee on Security
- Cabinet Council on Security
- Cabinet Committee on Solar
- The Manufacturing Of LCH Done By
- Which Edition of Exercise LAMITIYE-2022 Is
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- August 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- July 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- June 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- May 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- April 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- March 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- February 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- January 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]