Today’s 4th & 5th September 2022 Defence Current Affairs and Updates will show us the latest defense-related news about national and international current events. These current events and questions will be very helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article.
Defence Current Affairs 04-05 September 2022
Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh To Visit Mongolia
- Giving push to strategic partnership with East Asian countries, Rajnath Singh will pay an official visit to Mongolia from 05-07 September 2022. The upcoming visit by Raksha Mantri is the first ever visit by an Indian Defence Minister to Mongolia and will further consolidate the defence cooperation and strategic partnership b/w the two countries.
- During the visit, He will hold bilateral talks with Mongolia’s Minister of Defence. He shall call on the President of Mongolia, H.E. Mr. U. Khurelsukh and Chairman of the State Great Khural of Mongolia, H.E. Mr. G Zandanshatar. The two democracies have a common interest in fostering peace and prosperity in the entire region.
- India and Mongolia share a strategic partnership and the defence is a key pillar of this partnership. The bilateral defence engagements with Mongolia have been expanding over a period of time to include wide ranging contacts between the two countries, including Joint Working Group meeting, military to military exchanges, high level visits, capacity building and training programmes and bilateral exercises.
- Capital: Ulaanbaatar
- Currency: Mongolian tögrög
- Population: 32.8 lakhs (2020) World Bank
- President: Ukhnaagiin Khürelsükh
- Official language: Mongolian
Maroon Beret Ceremonial Parade
- To mark the successful completion of training of Air Force Special Forces ‘Garud’ Commandos, Maroon Beret Ceremonial Parade was held on 03 Sep 2022 at Garud Regimental Training Centre, Air Force Station Chandinagar.
- Air Vice Marshal Rakesh Sinha AVSM Assistant Chief of the Air Staff Operations (Offensive), Air Headquarters was the Chief Guest of the event. He reviewed the parade.
- He presented Maroon Beret, Garud Proficiency Badge and Special Forces Tabs to the successful Garud trainees and gave away trophies to the meritorious passing out trainees. The best all-rounder trophy was presented to LAC Jondhale S Balasaheb.
- The Maroon Beret Ceremonial Parade is a moment of pride and achievement for the young Garuds passing out as it marks the culmination of a very demanding training; their transformation into ‘Young Special Forces Operators’ and joining the elite force to serve this country even at the cost of their life.
Army Chief Leaves For Nepal On 5-day Visit To Boost Defence Ties
- In continuation of a seven-decades-old tradition, Army Chief Gen Manoj Pande will be conferred with the honorary rank of “General of the Nepal Army” by Nepalese President Bidya Devi Bhandari at a ceremony in Kathmandu on Monday.
- On Sunday, Gen Pande left for Nepal on a five-day visit to discuss with top civil and military brass of the Himalayan nation the avenues for enhancing bilateral defence relations.
- The tradition started in 1950. India also confers the honorary rank of “General of Indian Army” to the Nepal Army Chief. Gen Pande is also scheduled to visit Nepal Army headquarters where he will pay homage to the fallen soldiers and have interactions with the senior leadership of the force.
US To Okay $1B Arms Sale To Taiwan As Tensions Rise With China
- The Biden administration is set to announce a more than $1 billion arms sale to Taiwan as US-China tensions escalate over the status of the island, according to American officials and a congressional aide briefed on the matter.
- The$1.09 billion sale includes $355 million for Harpoon air-to-sea missiles and $85 million for Sidewinder air-to-air missiles, the officials and the aide said on Friday. They said the largest portion of the sale, however, is a $655 million logistics support package for Taiwan’s surveillance radar program, which provides air defence warnings.
- China claims Taiwan as its own territory, to be annexed by force if necessary. The sides split after a civil war in 1949 and have no official relations, with China cutting off even informal contacts following the election of independence-leaning Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen in 2016.
ISRO Demonstrates New Technology
- ISRO successfully demonstrated a new technology with Inflatable Aerodynamic Decelerator that it said is a game-changer with multiple applications for future missions including to Mars and Venus.
- An IAD, designed and developed by ISRO’s Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, was successfully test flown, on Saturday, in a ‘Rohini’ sounding rocket from Thumba Equatorial Rocket Launching Station.
- At around 84 km altitude, the IAD was inflated, and it descended through atmosphere with the payload part of a sounding rocket. The pneumatic system for inflation was developed by ISRO’s Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC).
- Rohini sounding rockets are routinely used for flight demonstration of new technologies being developed by ISRO as well as by scientists from India and abroad.
- In Saturday’s flight, along with IAD new elements like micro video imaging system which captured the bloom and flight of IAD, a miniature software defined radio telemetry transmitter, MEMS (Micro-electromechanical systems)-based acoustic sensor and a host of new methodologies were flight tested successfully, ISRO said.
- Garud Regimental Training Centre (GRTC) Is In
- Air Force Station Chandinagar
- Air Force Station Chandigarh
- Air Force Station Chennai
- Air Force Station Belgavi
- Which Is The New Recruitment Policy For Indian Armed Forces?
- Varuna Yojna
- Agnipath Yojna
- Yodha Yojna
- Karambir Yojna
- North-West Region Of ICG Located In
- Ex ‘Nomadic Elephant’ Conducted b/w India &
- Joint Exercises B/w The India And USA Is Called:
- Tiger Triumph
- Which Country Is Not The Member Of QUAD And?
- Where Is The Hq Of The Eastern Command of The IAF?
- Sea Phase Of 38th IND-INDO CORPAT Conducted At
- Bay of Bengal
- Arabian Sea
- Which is Not Correctly Matched:
- IAF Day: 8 Oct
- Indian Navy Day: 4 Dec
- Indian Army Day: 26 Jan
- BSF Day: 1 Dec
- “Sarvatra” (Everywhere) Is The Motto Of
- CORPS OF ENGINEERS
- Madras Regiment
- SLBM Stands For
- Submarine-launched Ballistic Misery
- Submarine-launched Ballistic Missile
- Submarine-launched Ballet Missile
- Solar-launched Ballistic Missile
- Merkava Mk.4 Is The Tank Of
- Exercises B/w India And Egypt Is Called:
- Yudha Abhyas
- Ex CYCLONE
- NAY PYI TAW Is The Capital Of
- Colonel Rank Of Indian Army Is Equivalent To Rank Of Indian Navy Is
- Group Captain
- National Cadet Corps Was Established In
- July 16, 1948
- July 16, 1948
- July 16, 1948
- July 16, 1948
- From Which Country Has India Purchased Its Apache Helicopters?
- World’s Highest Motorable Road Is In
- Himachal Pradesh
- The National Cadet Corps (NCC) HQ, is at___
- New Delhi
- Air Commodore of IAF Is Equivalent To The Which Rank Of Indian Army?
- Lt. Colonel
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- August 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- July 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- June 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- May 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- April 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- March 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- February 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- January 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
Leave a Reply