In Daily Current Affairs for 28-29th May 2023, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs news. These important current affairs will be very helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air Force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air Force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article.
Daily Current Affairs 28 – 29 May 2023
PM Modi Chairs The 8th Meeting Of The NITI Aayog
- The 8th Meeting Of The Governing Council Of NITI Aayog Was Held At The New Convention Center At Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- The Meeting Is Focused On The Theme Of “Growth India @ 2047: Role Of Team India”.
- PM Narendra Modi Is Presiding Over The Meeting As The Chairman Of Niti Aayog
- Thrust On MSMEs (Micro, Small, And Medium Enterprises)
- Infrastructure And Investments
- Minimising Compliances
- Women Empowerment
- Health And Nutrition
- Skill Development
- Gati Shakti For Area Development And Social Infrastructure
- NITI Aayog
- NITI Aayog Is The Premier Policy Think Tank Of The Government Of India.
- The Government Of India Formed The Niti Aayog In Place Of The Planning Commission, Which Was Established In 1950.
- This Step Has Been Taken To Better Meet The Needs And Aspirations Of The People
- Book Your SSB Interview Class Now – Click Here
- Join AFCAT 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Join CDS 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Join NDA 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Enroll In Our SSB Interview Course
Patna Becomes First Municipal Corporation To Use CBDC
- Patna Municipal Corporation In Bihar Has Become The 1st Municipal Corporation In The Country To Adopt Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC).
- The Digital Currency Called E-rupee Generated By The Reserve Bank Of India (RBI) Will Be Used In The Entire Patna Municipal Corporation Area
- The Online Payment System Will Contribute To Augmenting The Revenue Of Patna Municipal Corporation.
- Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) Differs From Private Digital Currencies, Such As Cryptocurrencies, In That It Is Government-Issued Currency And Represents A Liability Of The Central Bank
The New Parliament House Was Inaugurated By PM Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Officially Inaugurated The New Parliament House.
- The New Parliament House Is Located In The Central Vista Area Of New Delhi.
- It Has Been Designed To Accommodate The Growing Size And Needs Of The Indian Parliament.
- The Building Has Seating Arrangements For 888 Members Of The Lok Sabha And 384 Members Of The Rajya Sabha.
- Covering An Area Of Approximately 65,000 Square Metres, The New Building Has A Triangular Shape To Optimise Space Utilisation.
- Sengol Is Made Of Silver And Gold.
- It Is A Five Feet Long Sceptre Which Was Given By Lord Mountbatten To Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru On August 14, 1947, As A Symbol Of The Transfer Of Power.
- Sengol Is A Symbol Of Rule In The Tamil Kingdoms Of The Past.
- It Was Earlier Displayed In The Allahabad Museum
Finance Ministry Announces Launch Of Rs 75 Special Coin
- The Center Will Launch A New ₹75 Coin On May 28 To Mark The Inauguration Of The New Parliament.
- The Coin Unveiled By Prime Minister Narendra Modi On And Coincides With The Celebration Of 75 Years Of India’s Independence.
- The Coin Has The Lion Capital Of Ashoka Pillar And “Satyamev Jayate”
- The Scheme Will Be Jointly Funded By The Central Government And State Governments.
- The Coin Also Bears The Inscription “Bharat” In Devanagari Script On The Left And “India” In English On The Right.
- The Image Of The Parliament Complex And The Reverse Bears The Inscription “Sansad Sankul” In Devanagari Script On The Upper Periphery And “Parliament Complex” In English On The Lower Periphery.
HS Prannoy Won The Malaysia Masters Badminton Championship 2023
- India’s Star Shuttler HS Prannoy Won The Gold Medal In The Malaysia Masters Badminton Championship 2023 Played In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Prannoy Won The Final By Defeating China’s Wang Hongyang In Three Games 21-19, 13-21 And 21-18.
- Prannoy Became The 3rd Indian After Saina Nehwal And PV Sindhu To Win The Malaysia Masters Championship.
- He Also Became The First Indian To Win In The Men’s Singles Category.
- PV Sindhu Twice And Saina Nehwal Once Won The Championship
NTCA Constitutes New Committee to Oversee Cheetah Project
- The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) Set Up An 11-member Cheetah Project Steering Committee.
- The Committee Works Under The Ministry Of Environment, Forest And Climate Change. Rajesh Gopal, General Secretary Of The Global Tiger Forum, Appointed As The Chairman
- The Decision To Form The Committee Was Taken After The Death Of Six Cheetahs Involved In The Translocation Project.
- The Objective Of The Committee Is To Address The Challenges And Issues Related To The Project.
- The Committee Includes 10 Other Members With Diverse Backgrounds And Expertise.
Germany Falls Into Recession As Inflation Hits Economy
- The German Economy Suffered An Unexpected Dip In The First Quarter Of This Year, Putting The Country Formally Into Recession.
- Data Released Thursday By The Federal Statistical Office Shows Germany’s Gross Domestic Product, Or GDP, Down By 0.3 % In The Period From January To March.
- It Follows A Drop Of 0.5 % In Europe’s Biggest Economy During The Last Quarter Of 2022 As Germany Battled An Energy Crisis Unleashed By Russia’s Invasion Of Ukraine.
- 2 Consecutive Quarters Of Decline Constitute A Technical Recession.
- What Is Recession?
- A Recession Is A Significant Downturn In Economic Activity.
- When Two Consecutive Quarters Are In Negative Gross Domestic Product (GDP) Growth Mean Recession, Although More Complex Formulas Are Also Used.
- Why Did Germany Have A Recession?
- Dwindling Energy Supplies From Warring Russia Have Pushed Prices Up, Stoking Inflation.
- Household Consumption Dropped To 1.2% Quarter-on-quarter After Price, Seasonal And Calendar Adjustments.
- Economists Said High Inflation Hit Consumer Spending, With Prices In April 7.2 Per Cent Higher Than A Year Ago.
- Germany’s Inflation Rate Stood At 7.2% In April, Above The Euro Area’s Average But Below The UK’s 8.7%.
- Higher Prices Have Weighed On Household Spending On Things Such As Food, Clothing And Furniture.
- Industrial Orders Are Also Weaker, Reflecting The Impact Of Higher Energy Prices On Businesses
- Originally, The Agency Had Estimated Zero Growth For The First Quarter Of This Year, Suggesting Germany Would Side-Step A Recession.
- However, The Revised Figures Showed Household Spending Was 1.2% Lower Than In The Previous Quarter.
- Government Spending Was 4.9% Lower, And Car Sales Also Fell After Government Grants For Electric And Hybrid Cars Were Scaled Back.
- The Recession Was Less Severe Than Some Had Predicted, Given Germany’s Heavy Reliance On Russian Energy. A Mild Winter And The Reopening Of China’s Economy, Helped Ease The Impact Of Higher Energy Prices.
- Private Sector Investment And Exports Rose, But That Was Not Enough To Get Germany Out Of The “Danger Zone” For Recession, Analysts Said.
- “The Early Indicators Suggest That Things Will Continue To Be Similarly Weak In The Second Quarter [Of 2023],” Said LBBW Bank Analyst Jens-Oliver Niklasch.
- However, The German Central Bank, The Bundesbank, Expects The Economy To Grow Modestly In The April To June Quarter, With A Rebound In Industry Offsetting Stagnating Consumer Spending.
- The IMF Has Predicted That Germany Will Be The Weakest Of The World’s Advanced Economies, Shrinking 0.1% This Year, After It Upgraded Its Forecast For The UK From Minus 0.3% To Growth Of 0.4%.
- 49th Meeting Of GST Council Held In _______
- New Delhi
- Choose The Correct Statement –
- Last Cheetah Was Found Dead In Jharkhand
- 9 Cheetahs From South Africa Were Brought To Kuno National Park
- African Cheetah Was The Subspecies Of The Extinct Cheetah In India
- In 1952, Cheetah Was Declared Extinct
- Kuno National Park Is Located In _______
- Ashok Nagar
- Sheopur & Morena
- Choose The Incorrect Statement
- Fiji Is A Country In The North Pacific
- S Jaishankar Unveiled The Bust Of Sardar Vallabhai Patel In Suva
- Sitiveni Rabuka Is The PM Of Fiji
- 12th World Hindi Conference Held In Fiji
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) Was Introduced Through __
- 111th Constitution Amendment Act, 2016
- 122nd Constitution Amendment Act, 2016
- 102nd Constitution Amendment Act, 2016
- 101st Constitution Amendment Act, 2016
- Choose The Correct Statement About GST Council
- Union Finance Minister Is The Chairman
- To Make Recommendations Only To Center On Important Issues Relating To GST
- The 102nd Constitutional Amendment Bill Was Passed To Implement the GST
- It Is A Joint Forum Of The Center & The States Which Was Established By The PM
- Choose The Incorrect Statement
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Was Born In Ahmedabad
- He Was The 1st Deputy PM Of India
- The Title ‘Sardar’ Was Conferred To Vallabhbhai Patel By Mahatma Gandhi.
- None Of The Above
- Choose The Incorrect Statement
- G20 Was Founded In 1999
- 1st G20 Culture Group Meeting Will be Held In Khajuraho
- Brazil Will Host 2024 G20 Summit
- Indonesia Hosted 2021 G20 Summit
- Shinku La Is A Mountain Pass On The Border Of_____
- Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu And Kashmir & Ladakh
- Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand
- Jammu And Kashmir & Uttarakhand
- Which Pass Connects Jammu To Srinagar?
- Burzil Pass
- Pir Panjal
- Khardung La
- Gahirmatha Marine Sanctuary Is Located In _______
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Biodiversity Heritage Sites In India Are Conserved Under ___
- Wildlife Protection Act, 1972
- India’s Biological Diversity Act, 2002
- Environment Protection Act, 1986
- None Of The Above
- Kirit Parikh Committee’ Seen In News Is Related To ______
- Defence Sector
- Gas Pricing
- Which Of The Following Country Is Not A Nordic Country?
- The Custodian UN Agency For 21 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Indicators Is –
- World bank
- Vibrant Villages Programme (VVP) Scheme Is Related To ____
- Promoting Infrastructure In Villages Along India’s Northern Border
- Develop Watershed Management Practices To Assist Farmers Become More Resilient To Climate Change
- Sustainable Placements For The Rural Poor Youth
- Rurban Clusters Across Rural Areas In India
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2022 Part -1 With Video Lecture [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2022 Part -2 With Video Lecture [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2022 Part -3 With Video Lecture [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2022 Part -4 With Video Lecture [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2022 Part -5 With Video Lecture [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2022 Part -6 With Video Lecture [DOWNLOAD PDF]