In the Indian Navy Yearly Review 2022 Defence Current Affairs And Updates we are going to see the important yearly news. These important current affairs will be very helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air Force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air Force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article.
EXERCISES WITH FOREIGN NAVIES 2022
- Ex Ekatha 2022: Indian Navy Divers & Marine Commandos are in Maldives for 5th Ed of Exercise Ekatha with Marine Corps 05 Sep – 03 Oct 22.
- Ex JIMEX 2022: The 6th edition of Japan India Maritime Exercise 2022 – JIMEX 22 conducted in the Bay of Bengal on 11 Sep 22.
- Malabar Exercise 2022: The Opening Ceremony of MALABAR 2022 hosted by Vice Admiral Yuasa Hideki, SDF Fleet Commander was held onboard JS Hyuga at Yokosuka, Japan on 08 November 2022. This edition of the exercise held from 08 to 15 November 2022.
- Exercise SEA VIGIL- 2022: The third edition of the ‘Pan-India’ Coastal Defence Exercise ‘Sea Vigil-22’ was conducted on 15-16 Nov 22. This National Level Coastal Defence Exercise was conceptualised in 2018 to validate various measures that have been instituted towards enhancing maritime security since ‘26/11’.
- Book Your SSB Interview Class Now – Click Here
- Join AFCAT 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Join CDS 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Join NDA 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Enroll In Our SSB Interview Course
Major Successful Missile Tests
- Prithvi-II: A successful training launch of a Short-Range Ballistic Missile, Prithvi-II was carried out in June from the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, Odisha. The missile is a proven system and is capable of striking targets with a very high degree of precision.
- Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile: INS Arihant carried out a successful launch of a Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile in October. The missile was tested to a predetermined range and impacted the target area in the Bay of Bengal with very high accuracy. All operational and technological parameters of the weapon system have been validated.
Commissioning of INS Vikrant: Showcasing the country’s growing prowess of indigenous manufacturing and a major milestone in the path towards ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’, PM Narendra Modi commissioned the country’s first indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant at Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) on September 02, 2022.
President’s Fleet Review – 22: The President’s Fleet Review was conducted at Visakhapatnam on February 21, 2022. The event witnessed the participation of 60 ships (54 IN, 03 CG, 02 SCI and 01 NIOT), three submarines, 55 IN and four CG aircraft. The review was also witnessed by the Raksha Mantri, Raksha Rajya Mantri and other Central and State Government dignitaries.
INS Mormugao, 2nd Warship Of P15B Class, Commissioned By Raksha Mantri: The event marked the formal induction of the second of the four ‘Visakhapatnam’ class destroyers, indigenously designed by the Indian Navy’s in-house organisation Warship Design Bureau and constructed by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL), Mumbai.
LAUNCH OF ‘ARNALA’, FIRST SHIP OF ASW SWC: ‘Arnala’, the first of 08 x ASW SWC Project, being built by GRSE for Indian Navy was launched on 20 Dec 22 at M/s L&T, Kattupalli, Chennai. She made her first contact with the water of the Bay of Bengal at 1040 hrs at the Launch Ceremony graced by Smt Rasika Chaube, Financial Adviser (Defence Services), MOD.
New Deal of Brahmos Missile: Recently, the Ministry of Defense signed a Rs 1700 crore contract with BrahMos Aerospace Pvt Ltd to buy additional dual-role capable BrahMos missiles for the Indian Navy.
Naval Air Ops School Kochi Celebrated Its Diamond Jubilee: The event saw the participation of serving officers & veterans including Gallantry award winners. A Seminar themed “Shaping Maritime Air Operations – Evolution and Opportunities” was conducted on the occasion
President’s Colour to INS Valsura: On 25Mar 2022, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, the Hon’ble President of India(Former) & Supreme Commander of Indian Armed Forces, awarded the President’s Colour to INS Valsura at Jamnagar.
INAS 316 Commissioned At INS Hansa: Indian Naval Air Squadron (INAS) 316, the Indian Navy’s second P-8l aircraft squadron, was commissioned at INS Hansa in Goa. The INAS 316 was commissioned in the presence of Admiral R Hari Kumar, Chief of the Naval Staff.
Vice Admiral Sanjay Mahindru Assumed Charge As Deputy Chief Of Naval Staff: Vice Admiral Sanjay Mahindru, AVSM, NM assumed charge as Deputy Chief of the Naval Staff on 31 Mar 22. Vice Admiral Sanjay Mahindru is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy, Khadakvasla. He was commissioned into the Indian Navy on 01 Jan 85 and is a Submarine and Navigation Specialist.
EASTERN FLEET GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS: The Eastern Fleet commemorated its Golden Jubilee on 06 and 07 Apr 2022 at Visakhapatnam with a host of events. The major highlights of the celebrations included a Wreath Laying Ceremony, a Seminar themed ‘Emerging Challenges in Eastern Maritime Theatre – Future Readiness of Eastern Fleet’, an Awards ceremony and interactions with Fleet personnel and their families.
ICG Commissioned First ALH MK-III squadron: The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) on Sunday commissioned a squadron of Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) MK III, which will strengthen maritime security.
LAUNCH OF 6th SCORPENE SUBMARINE ‘VAGSHEER’: The 6th and last submarine of the Indian Navy’s Kalvari class submarines of Project 75 have been launched at the Kanhoji Angre Wet Basin of MDL. Dr Ajay Kumar, Defence Secretary was the Chief Guest at the ceremony and the submarine named ‘Vagsheer’ was launched by Mrs Veena Ajay Kumar, in keeping with Naval traditions of launch/ naming by a lady.
Indian Navy To Operate Electric-boats, Bengaluru Firm Building Prototype: As part of the defence electrification programme, the Indian Navy is, for the first time, looking to operate electric boats. A Bengaluru-based EV platform startup — Tresa Energy — has begun a 12-month pilot (prototype-stage) to build a Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB) called the “EV.7M RIB”.
AIR SQUADRON COMMISSIONED IN COAST GUARD: Indian Coast Guard commissioned its second Air Squadron equipped with the indigenously designed and developed ALH MK III on 04 May at Coast Guard Air Enclave Kochi. 845 Squadron (CG) became the premier ALH MK-III squadron in the Coast Guard’s western seaboard.
Time to Make-for-World, Says Rajnath as Indian Navy Launches Indigenous Warships: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh expressed India’s grit towards indigenous shipbuilding as he presided over the launch of the Indian Navy destroyer warship INS Surat and frigate INS Udaygiri in Mumbai. “We will aim for not just Make-In-India but also for Make-for-World,” Singh said.
Indian Navy SUCCESSFULLY TEST-FIRES NAVAL ANTI-SHIP MISSILE: The Indian Navy successfully carried out the maiden test firing of the first indigenously developed naval anti-ship missile from a Seeking helicopter, officials said. The test was conducted at the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Odisha’s Balasore.
Indian Navy Decommissions INS Gomati After 34 Years Of Service: The ship, which had been deployed in Operations Cactus, Parakram and Rainbow, was decommissioned at sunset at the Naval Dockyard.
- Who Assumed Charge As Deputy Chief Of The Naval Staff?
- Vice Admiral Anil
- Vice Admiral Ajay Sahil
- Vice Admiral Sanjay Singh
- Vice Admiral Sanjay Mahindru
- 8th edition of National Level Pollution Response Ex Conducted At Where?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Which Ship in Russia Has been sunk?
- Ex ‘Konkan Shakti’ Conducted B/W India &
- Which Is The 6th Largest Submarine Under P75?
- INS Karanj
- INS Vagsheer
- INS Kirpan
- INS Vela
- National Maritime Day Observed On
- 5 April
- 6 April
- 7 April
- 8 April
- Wing Commander Rank Of IAF Is Equivalent to __ Rank of Indian Navy.
- INS Arighat Is A
- Nuclear Powered Submarine
- Diesel Powered Submarine
- Sailing Ship
- Project 15B & P17A class Ships Made By
- INS Gomati Is A
- Guided-missile frigate
- Which is the 6th largest Submarine Under P75?
- INS Karanj
- INS Vagsheer
- INS Kirpan
- INS Vela
- ‘Asani’ Is A
- Which State Of India Has The Longest Coastline?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Who Took Over Duties Of Flag Officer Commanding Goa Area (FOGA)?
- CNS R Hari Kumar
- Rear Admiral Philipose G Pynumootil
- Rear Admiral Vikram Menon
- Marine Engineering Training Establishment of the Indian Navy located at
- Which Of The Following Is DRDO Technology Demonstration Vessel?
- INS Delhi
- INS Virat
- INS Vagir
- INS Anvesh
- Exercises B/w The India And Egypt Are Called:
- Yudha Abhyas
- Ex CYCLONE
- 10th National Maritime Search & Rescue Exercise (SAREX-2022) Conducted At
- None of the above
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Indian Army Yearly Review 2022 Defence Current Affairs And Updates Part – 1 [Download PDF]
- Indian Army Yearly Review 2022 Defence Current Affairs And Updates Part – 2 [Download PDF]
- Indian Air Force Yearly Review 2022 Defence Current Affairs And Updates Part – 1 [Download PDF]
- Indian Air Force Yearly Review 2022 Defence Current Affairs And Updates Part – 2 [Download PDF]
- Indian Navy Yearly Review 2022 Defence Current Affairs And Updates Part – 1[Download PDF]
- Indian Navy Yearly Review 2022 Defence Current Affairs And Updates Part – 2[Download PDF]
Leave a Reply