The much-awaited territorial army notification is out now, male and female candidates can read the full Territorial Army Notification here. TA online application will be open from 20 July 2021 till 19 Aug 2021. The written exam will be conducted on 26 Sep 2021. As we know, women are also eligible for the territorial army now, the post-commissioning training for TA officers will be shifted to OTA Chennai, earlier the training was scheduled at IMA, Dehradun.
Many candidates ask about the training schedule after getting selected for the Territorial Army. The training for TA officers will be as mentioned below.
- One month basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within first two years at OTA, Chennai.
Earlier the training was at IMA Dehradun, but as we know females are now the part of Territorial Army too, the post-commission training will be at OTA, Chennai.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
- Territorial Army is part time concept with mandatory two months training in a year and does not provide full time career.
- Serving in Territorial Army do not guarantee pension and the same is subject to embodied service as per organisational requirement.
- Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions up to Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on the requirement.
Territorial Army Exam Preparation Books and Courses:
Pay Scales (VII th CPC):