DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 19 October 2021
MILAD-UN-NABI to be celebrated across World
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind in his message on the eve of Milad-un-Nabi has said: –
- “On the auspicious occasion of Prophet Muhammad’s birthday which is celebrated as Eid-e-Milad or Milad-un-Nabi, I extend my greetings to all our fellow citizens, especially our Muslim brothers and sisters.
- Prophet Muhammad’s life is an example of fraternity, compassion, and affection. He will always remain a source of inspiration for humanity.
- Let us take inspiration from his life & ideals and work for the prosperity of the society and promotion of peace and harmony in the country”.
Aadhaar Hackathon 2021
- UIDAI is hosting a Hackathon titled “Aadhaar Hackathon 2021” targeted at young innovators – who are still at various Engineering institutes and eager to step into the real world. The hackathon is starting on 28 Oct 21 at 0000Hrs and would continue till 31 Oct 21 up to 2300Hrs.
- Aadhaar Hackathon 2021 is themed around two topics. The first theme is around “Enrolment and Update”, which essentially covers some of the real-life challenges being faced by the residents while updating their address.
- The second theme of the Hackathon is around the “Identity and Authentication” solution offered by UIDAI. Under this theme, UIDAI is soliciting innovative solutions to prove Identity without sharing the Aadhaar number or any demographics information. Also, it is looking for innovative applications around face authentication API – the newly launched authentication modality of UIDAI. The objective is to popularize some of the existing and new APIs to solve the needs of residents.
- To solve these challenges through innovative technological solutions, UIDAI is reaching out to the young minds of all the Engineering colleges.
NITI Aayog Launches Geospatial Energy Map of India
- Geospatial Energy Map of India was launched by Dr Rajiv Kumar (Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog), Dr V K Saraswat (Member, NITI Aayog), and Shri Amitabh Kant (CEO, NITI Aayog) on 18 October 2021. Dr K Sivan, Chairman ISRO & Secretary Department of Space attended the launch event.
- NITI Aayog in collaboration with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has developed a comprehensive Geographic Information System (GIS) Energy Map of India with the support of Energy Ministries of Government of India. The GIS map provides a holistic picture of all energy resources of the country which enables visualization of energy installations such as conventional power plants, oil and gas wells, petroleum refineries, coal fields and coal blocks, district-wise data on renewable energy power plants and renewable energy resource potential, etcthrough27thematic layers.
- The map attempts to identify and locate all primary and secondary sources of energy and their transportation/transmission networks to provide a comprehensive view of energy production and distribution in a country. It is a unique effort aimed at integrating energy data scattered across multiple organizations and to present it in a consolidated, visually appealing graphical manner. It leverages latest advancements in web-GIS technology and open-source software to make it interactive and user friendly. The Geospatial Energy Map of India will be useful in planning and making investment decisions. It will also aid in disaster management using available energy assets.
4th International Solar Alliance General Assembly
- The fourth general assembly of The International Solar Alliance (ISA) is to be held virtually between October 18th and October 21st, 2021, and will be presided over by Shri R.K. Singh, Minister for Power, New and Renewable Energy, Government of India and the President of the ISA Assembly. U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry will deliver the keynote address on October 20th, while the European Commission Executive Vice President for the European Green Deal, Frans Timmermans, will also address the gathering on October 20th.
- The ISA Secretariat has planned a series of technical sessions on various strategic initiatives of the ISA on October 18th, 2021, and technical sessions on various emergent issues in the solar and clean energy sector in partnership with partner and other organizations on October 20th and 21st, 2021.
- The Fourth Assembly of the ISA will deliberate on the key initiatives around the operationalization of the OSOWOG initiative, the $1 trillion Solar Investment Roadmap for 2030, and approval of a Blended Financial Risk Mitigation Facility. World leaders of ISA member countries will also discuss the strategic plan of the ISA for the next five years encompassing a Country Partnership Framework, Strategy for Private Sector Engagement, and initiatives such as Viability Gap Financing scheme to facilitate affordable finance for solar energy projects across ISA’s membership. The ISA will also discuss the partnership with Global Energy Alliance (GEA) to scale up technical and financial support to LDCs and SIDS.
World Energy Outlook Report 2021: IEA
- International Energy Agency (IEA) released the World Energy Outlook (WEO) Report 2021.
- Published every year, the WEO provides critical analysis and insights on trends in energy demand and supply.
- The 2021 report signaled pressure on governments to push for greater climate action at the Conference of Parties (COP26) summit (in Glasgow, UK).
- Earlier, IEA also released its Net Zero Emissions (NZE) Roadmap – named ‘Net Zero by 2050’.
- Renewable energy sources, such as solar, wind, hydropower and bioenergy, need to form a far bigger share in the rebound in energy investment after the coronavirus pandemic.
- Demand for renewables continues to grow. However, this clean energy progress is still far too slow to put global emissions into sustained decline towards net zero by 2050, which the IEA believes will help limit the increase in global temperatures to 1.5 degrees Celsius.
NASA launches Lucy spacecraft, first space mission to study Trojans Asteroids
- Nasa launched Lucy spacecraft, the first space mission to study the Trojans Asteroids. Lucy will journey for 12 years, observing one main belt asteroid and seven Trojan asteroids.
- The swarms of Trojan asteroids associated with Jupiter are thought to be remnants of the primordial material that formed the outer planets. These primitive bodies hold vital clues to deciphering the history of the solar system.
- The Jupiter Trojan asteroids are leftover raw materials from the formation of our Solar System’s giant planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune) over 4 .5 billion years ago.
- As per Islamic tradition he is considered as the First Prophet of God
- Prophet Muhammed
- Prophet Musa
- Prophet Ibrahim
- Prophet Adam
- The International Energy Agency (IEA) was founded in
- HQ of The International Energy Agency (IEA) is at
- HQ of Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- India became an Associate member of IEA in _____
- March 2017
- March 2018
- April 2017
- April 2018
- International Solar Alliance was formed in
- Current Chairman of UIDAI is
- J. Satyanarayana
- Saurabh Garg
- Vishal Reddy
- Nandan Nilekani
- UIDAI works under
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Law
- It is an Autonomous Body
- Current Minister of Electronics and Information Technology
- Ashwini Vaishnaw
- Babul Supriyo
- Dharmendra Pradhan
- Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, benefits and services) Act was passed in