In Daily Defence current affairs for 29th March 2023, we will see the latest national and international current affairs news. These important current affairs will be beneficial for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air Force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air Force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article.
Defence Current Affairs 29 March 2023
Port Visit Of INS Sumedha At Algiers
- INS Sumedha, presently deployed in the Mediterranean Sea, entered Algiers, Algeria on 26 Mar 23 for an operational turnaround. The ship was received at Port Algiers by officers of the Algerian Navy and officials from the Embassy of India, Algiers.
- The visit is aimed at strengthening bilateral ties and enhancing maritime cooperation and interoperability between the two navies. It also demonstrates the Indian Navy’s outreach to friendly maritime nations.
- Indigenously built, INS Sumedha is a stealth OPV constructed at Goa Shipyard Ltd and is fitted with a state-of-the-art weapon and sensor package.
- She is routinely deployed for fleet support operations such as anti-piracy patrol, SAR, HADR, surveillance and escort missions. She can carry an ALH Helicopter onboard.
- Book Your SSB Interview Class Now – Click Here
- Join AFCAT 2 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Join CDS 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Join NDA 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Enroll In Our SSB Interview Course
1st India-Africa Army Chiefs’ Conclave In Pune
- India will continue to work with African nations to promote regional security, foster stability and enhance defense capabilities together. This was stated by Rajnath Singh during the first edition of the India-Africa Army Chiefs’ Conclave organized on the sidelines of the 2nd Africa-India Joint Exercise ‘AFINDEX’ in Pune, Maharashtra on March 28, 2023.
- The Conclave was attended by General Manoj Pande and Chiefs & representatives of 31 African nations, along with other civil and defense dignitaries.
- India is currently Africa’s 3rd-largest trading partner and Africa’s third-largest export destination.
- Approximately 6,000 Indian soldiers are deployed in UN peacekeeping missions in five conflict zones in Africa.
UNSC Votes Against Russian Resolution On Nord Stream Sabotage
- The UN Security Council did not support the Russian-Chinese resolution on the international investigation of the Nord Stream sabotage.
- The resolution was supported by 3 countries, with zero votes against and 12 nations abstained. Thus, the resolution failed to receive the nine votes required for approval.
- The resolution was supported by Russia, China and Brazil, with Albania, the UK, Gabon, Ghana, Malta, Mozambique, the UAE, the US, France, Switzerland, Ecuador and Japan abstaining.
- The text of the draft proposed UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres establish an international independent commission to conduct a comprehensive, transparent, and impartial investigation of all aspects of the act of sabotage on the Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2 gas pipelines.
India’s Defence Exports Will Touch Rs 40,000 Crores By 2026: Rajnath Singh
- Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said that India’s defence export will touch Rs 35,000-40,000 crore by the year 2026.
- Rajnath Singh was delivering the Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw memorial lecture on the topic ‘The role of youth in nation building’ organised by Symbiosis International University in Pune.
- Defence Minister said, “First there should be a sense of self-confidence that we will make India Atmanirbhar. In 2014, we used to do the defence export of only Rs 900 crore but since India has adopted Indianisation, today we are doing the defence export of Rs 15,000 crore to Rs 16,000 crore”.
UN Calls For Return To Democracy In Myanmar After Army Dissolves Aung San Suu Kyi’s Party
- Stephane Dujarric, Spokesperson for the United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, called for the release of Aung San Suu Kyi.
- After the dissolution of Myanmar’s ousted leader Aung San Suu Kyi’s party, the United Nations has called for a return to democracy in the country.
- The National League for Democracy (NLD party was among 40 political parties that were unable to meet the ruling military’s registration deadline for an election).
- In November 2020, the NLD secured victory in Myanmar’s elections. However, the Myanmar military carried out a coup and imprisoned Aung San Suu Kyi.
- India Became A Full Member of SCO On
- INS Kurusura Submarine Museum Is Located On A Beach In
- INS Sumedha Is The Third Saryu Class Patrol Vessel Manufactured By
- C-17 Globemaster Manufactured By
- Lockheed Martin
- Gwadar Port Is Located In
- The Delhi-class Destroyers Built By
- Air Commodore Rank Of IAF Is Equivalent To Which Rank Of Indian Army?
- Lt. Gen
- Major General
- Chairman Of The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet(ACC) Is
- Home Minister
- Current Secretary-General Of NATO Is__.
- Jens Stoltenberg
- Admiral Rob Bauer
- General Tod D. Wolters
- None of the above
- Madagascar Is In
- Pacific Ocean
- Indian Ocean
- Black Sea
- Arctic Ocean
- Which Is Not A Member Of SAARC?
- The President Of India Has The Power Of Pardoning Under _____.
- Article 72
- Article 73
- Article 74
- Article 76
- Mitra Shakti Ex Conducted B/W
- India & Indonesia
- India & UK
- India & Sri Lanka
- India & Thailand
- Vilnius Is The Capital Of
- “Satyarth Darpan” Book Written By
- Tarak Nath Das
- Dada Bhai Naurauji
- Shachindra Sanyal
- Dayanand Saraswati
- ‘Service And Loyalty’ Is The Motto Of
- The Hambantota Port Is In
- Sri Lanka
- SIPRI Stands For
- Stockholm International Peace Rice Institute
- Stock International Peace Research India
- Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
- Sugar International Peace Research Institute
- “Nischay Kar Apni Jeet Karon”is The Motto Of___
- RAJPUT REGIMENT
- RAJPUTANA RIFLES
- THE BRIGADE OF THE GUARDS
- SIKH REGIMENT
- Maiden AL-Mohed AL-Hindi Exercise Held B/W India &
- Saudi Arabia
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates February 2023 [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates January 2023 [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Indian Army Yearly Review 2022 Defence Current Affairs And Updates Part – 1 [Download PDF]
- Indian Army Yearly Review 2022 Defence Current Affairs And Updates Part – 2 [Download PDF]
- Indian Navy Yearly Review 2022 Defence Current Affairs And Updates Part – 1 [Download PDF]
- Indian Navy Yearly Review 2022 Defence Current Affairs And Updates Part – 2 [Download PDF]
- IAF Yearly Review 2022 Defence Current Affairs And Updates Part – 1 [Download PDF]
- IAF Yearly Review 2022 Defence Current Affairs And Updates Part – 2 [Download PDF]