Today’s 7th October 2022 Defence Current Affairs and Updates will show us the latest defense-related news about national and international current events. These current events and questions will be very helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article.
Defence Current Affairs 07 October 2022
DRDO Tests 3 Unmanned Remote-controlled Weaponised Boats In Pune
- Ahead of the premier defence exhibition DefExpo-2022, DRDO officials in Maharashtra tested three remotely unmanned, weaponised boats in Pune on Thursday. These three remote-controlled armed boats were tested with no man on the vessel.
- While talking to the media after testing three boats, DRDO R&D Establishment Group Director PM Naik said, “With no human on the vessel, the video feed will be transferred to the ground control station. It will be useful for surveillance.”
- PM Naik added that the boats are useful for surveillance purposes, patrols, and reconnaissance of overall maritime security.
- Moreover, the boats have an endurance of about four hours and currently they can sail at a maximum speed of 10 nautical miles/hour and this can be further increased to 25 nautical miles. Some variants of these boats use an electric propulsion system with lithium batteries, while others have a petrol engine on board.
- DefExpo-2022, which was postponed in March, will now be held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat between October 18 and 22.
India Condemns North Korea’s Ballistic Missile Test
- North Korea today fired two ballistic missiles into the Sea of Japan. Japan’s Prime Minister Fumio Kishida has condemned the repeated launches. Meanwhile, North Korea has justified the launching as necessary countermeasures against joint military drills by the United States and South Korea. Early in the morning, South Korea’s military also confirmed North Korea’s missile test.
- India has strongly condemned North Korea’s ballistic missile launch over Japan and said that these moves affect the peace and security of the region and beyond.
- While addressing the United Nations Security Council (UNSC), India’s Permanent Representative to the UN, Ruchira Kamboj called for the full implementation of the relevant UNSC resolutions relating to the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea. Ms Kamboj said, the Global South has already been disproportionately affected by the prevailing geopolitical situation and related challenges. She added that it is therefore important to continue to make all efforts to maintain peace and stability.
- The 15-member UN Security Council met yesterday after North Korea test-fired a ballistic missile over Japan on Tuesday.
Northern Comd Inducts 4×4 Quick Reaction Force Vehicles
- Northern Comd inducts 4×4 Quick Reaction Force Vehicles, an indigenous initiative by Bharat Forge Ltd; an all-terrain high mobility combat troop carrier with Armour & Mine Protection.
- What is Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle (QRFV)?
- The TATA Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle (QRFV) is an armoured personnel carrier with mine protection. QRFV comes in a 4×4 configuration.
- The Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle is developed to serve as a mine-proof troop transport vehicle and it is used by law enforcement forces as a special response vehicle to counter the insurgency.
- QRFV, as per the TATA Advanced Systems, can be used as an escort protection vehicle as well. These vehicles are also claimed to be in service in various peacekeeping missions around the world as well as with the Indian Security Forces across the country.
- Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle Features
- As per the manufacturer, these vehicles come with Stanag Level 4 blast protection offering protection from explosives of 14 kg and 21 kg.
- Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle can carry a total of 14 crew including the driver.
- QRFV can also carry a payload of up to two tons
- It churns out 240 hp peak power
- The run-flat inserted tires of the Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle ensure mobility across all terrains.
- Other features of QRFV include ten firing ports and a 360-degree rotating turret on the vehicle’s roof.
QRFV: Interesting facts to know about TATA’s Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle
- The Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle (QRFV) will improve the Indian Army’s operational capability during future battles.
- In the last four years, from 2018-19 to 2021-22, the expenditure on defence procurement from foreign sources decreased from 46% of the total expenditure to 36% as a result of the steps implemented by the Central Government to promote the manufacture of the indigenous defence equipment.
- The initial group of the Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle (QRFV) was inducted by the former Chief of Army Staff General MM Naravane.
- The Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle, Ultra Long Range Observation System, Infantry Protected Mobility Vehicle, Monocoque Hull Multi-Role Mine Protected Armoured Vehicle, and the Ultra Long Range Observation System were all introduced by the Army Chief.
What is Quick Reaction Force?
- A Quick Reaction Force, in the military science nomenclature, is an armed military unit capable of rapidly responding to developing situations, typically to assist the allied units in need of such assistance.
‘Prachanda’ To Be Deployed In Assam Near LAC
- The Indian Army will station its Prachanda LCH in the Eastern Command area close to the LAC. Army Aviation has acquired three helicopters so far, and by the end of the month, they will have received a fourth. According to a media report the Army is putting them to use in Misamari, Assam.
- At Misamari, a new Army Aviation Brigade was also established last year. In Bangalore in June of this year, the Army established its first squadron of LCHs. The Prachanda LCH is the first assault indigenous helicopter built in India and the first attack helicopter specifically for the Army.
- 3 LCH have been sent to the 351 Army Aviation Squadron of Army Aviation, which has been established in Bangalore. Later this month, when the fourth helicopter arrives, the squadron will move to Misamari. It’s expected that 5 helicopters would come by the end of the next month.
- The HAL Prachand, also known as HAL Light Combat Helicopter is an Indian multi-role, light attack helicopter designed and manufactured by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited under project LCH. It has been ordered by the Indian Air Force and the Indian Army.
- Weight: 2,250 kg
- Top speed: 268 km/h
- Range: 700 km
- Length: 16 m
- Unit cost: 17,480,000–17,480,000 USD
- Engine type: Safran Ardiden
- Manufacturer: Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Amid Russia-Ukraine Fighting, Indian Intervention Was Sought To Defuse Zaporizhzhia Nuke Plant Crisis
- On his first visit to New Zealand, EAM S Jaishankar termed the Russia-Ukraine conflict as still hot and recalled that India was requested to press the Russians on the issue regarding the safety of the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant when the countries increased their fighting near the nuclear facility.
- “There was a request to us to press the Russians on that issue which we did. There have been other concerns at various points in time, either different countries have raised with us or the UN has raised with us. I think at this time whatever we can do, we will be willing to do“.
- S Jaishankar on Thursday held “warm and productive” talks with his New Zealand counterpart Nanaia Mahuta during which the two leaders exchanged views on issues of international concerns such as the Indo-Pacific and the Ukraine conflict.
Jaguar Fighters To Start Retiring From 2025-26 Onwards: V R Chaudhari
- Jaguar strike fighter aircraft that remain un-upgraded will be phased out from the IAF fleet starting from 2025-26 onwards till 2033 when the last of the fleet type will be completely phased out. Next three years remaining 3 squadrons of the Mig-21 bison will be phased out and then they will start with Jaguar squadrons.
- The IAF will retire one more squadron of the MiG-21 Bison aircraft by September 30 and phase out the remaining fleet by 2025, as the recent fatal crashes of the Soviet-era fighter jets intensified safety concerns and force authorities to step up the induction of LCA Tejas aircraft.
- The SEPECAT Jaguar is an Anglo-French jet attack aircraft originally used by the British Royal Air Force and the French Air Force in the close air support and nuclear strike role. It is still in service with the Indian Air Force.
- The SEPECAT Jaguar is powered by the Rolls-Royce Turbomeca Adour turbofan engine, which was developed in parallel with, and primarily for the Jaguar
- “LCA Mk-1A is an indigenously designed aircraft with more than 70 per cent indigenous content. During subsequent trials, the aircraft will be equipped with Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) Radar, Advanced Short Range Air-Air Missile (ASRAAM) which is a combat missile, Electronic Warfare (EW) Suite and Air to Air Refuelling (AAR) to meet the operational requirements of the IAF”.
- Which is the 6th largest Submarine Under P75?
- INS Karanj
- INS Vagsheer
- INS Kirpan
- INS Vela
- National College for Policing and Law Enforcement is one of India’s largest funded projects in
- None of the above
- The MiG-29 Is A
- Machine Gun
- Fighter Jet
- “Naam Namak Nishaan” Is The Motto Of
- THE GRENADIERS
- Rajputana Rifles
- IATA Stands For
- International Air Transport Associate
- International Apex Transport Association
- International Air Transport Association
- None of the above
- K2 Black Panther Tank Belongs To
- Sri Lanka
- South Korea
- Ankara Is The Capital Of
- “India 2020: A Vision for the New Millennium” Book Is Written By
- Shashi Tharoor
- Rabindra Nath Tagore
- M K Gandhi
- Dr A P J Abdul Kalam & Dr Y S Rajan
- North-West Region Of ICG Located In
- AH-64 Apache Is A
- Transport Helicopter
- Attack Helicopter
- Light Utility Helicopter
- None of the above
- Operation Ganga Was Conducted By IAF In
- Department of Defence Production Comes Under
- Ministry of Culture
- Defence Institute of High-Altitude Research Is In
- New Delhi
- None of the above
- Which Company Supplied The 10th Anti-submarine Warfare Aircraft P-8I, To The Indian Navy?
- Air Bus
- Dassault Aviation
- Dhanush (howitzer) Manufactured By
- L & T
- Advanced Weapons and Equipment India Limited
- BRICS Stands For
- Brazil Russia India China And South Africa
- Brazil Russia India China And South Asia
- Brazil Russia Indonesia China And South Africa
- None of the above
- F-2000 Is A
- Assault Rifle
- “Kashmiri Century: Portrait of a Society in Flux” Book Is Written By
- Krishna Saksena
- Kavitha Rao
- Hew Strachan
- Khemlata Wakhlu
- What type of missile is ‘New Generation Akash Missile (Akash-NG)’?
- Surface-to-air missile
- Air to Air Missile
- Surface to Surface Missile
- Intercontinental Ballistic Missile
- Where Is The Hq Of The Eastern Command of The IAF?
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- September 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- August 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- July 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- June 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- May 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- April 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- March 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- February 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- January 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]