On October 1, the Indian destroyer INS Sumedha took part in a drill alongside the ships Hansando and Dae Cheong from the navy of the Republic of Korea.
Who All Are participating in Exercise MPX 2022
Two Korean Naval ships ROKS Hansando and ROKS Daecheong arrived in Chennai port on Wednesday on a four-day visit as part of a 110-day voyage from September 2 that will see them cover nine countries and 10 ports around the Indo-Pacific region.
This was also the third visit of the ROKN Cruise Training Task Group to Chennai following 2014 and 2015 and the 16th such Cruise Training Task Group from the Republic of Korea Navy since 1975.
Aim Of The Exercise
- Helicopter operations, communication drills, and tactical maneuvers were all part of the exercise. The two navies’ interaction was intended to improve their marine cooperation and interoperability. The two naval ships that made up the cruise training task group for the Korean Navy had landed in Chennai on September 28.
- Strengthening interoperability & maritime cooperation is the main objective of the MPX 2022 b/w both navies.
- The exercise gives regional partners the chance to engage in integrated multinational marine missions, from law enforcement operations to sophisticated maritime warfare.
About ROKS Daecheong and ROKS Hansando
- While ROKS Daecheong, which was commissioned in 1997, is a multi-purpose fast combat support ship capable of supplying ammunition, fuel, and freshwater to combat ships in naval operations, ROKS Hansando, which was commissioned in 2020, is Korea’s first training ship with a full capacity of 300 personnel.
- On board these ships, there are 460 members of the Korean Navy, including trainees, who will participate in a number of events in Chennai over the next four days, including a “We Love Marina” campaign on September 29.
About INS Sumedha
- INS Sumedha is the third Saryu class patrol vessel of the Indian Navy, designed and constructed indigenously by Goa Shipyard Limited.
- Length: 105 m
- Launched: 21 May 2011
- Speed: 25 knots (46 km/h)
- Armament: 76-mm SRGM (Super Rapid Gun Mount);
- the close-in weapon system, CHAFF launchers.
Other Exercises between India and South Korea
- Ex SAHYOG-HYEOBLYEOG (Coast Guard) & Navy Partnership Ex conducted b/w both nations in previous years.
Pictures from Exercise MPX 2022
To crack the SSB Interview and join the Indian Army as an Officer, You can join our SSB interview live classes batch and we recommend you to Enroll SSB INTERVIEW ONLINE COURSE. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants.
Also, check out recent military exercises by the Indian Armed Forces:
- What is Exercise Parvat Prahar 2022?
- What Is Exercise JIMEX 2022?
- 5th Edition Of Exercise Ekatha Between Indian Navy Divers, Marcos & MNDF Marines
- 40 Amazing Pictures From The Exercise Pitch Black 2022
- Indian Army & Air Force Conduct Joint Exercise “Gagan Strike”
- 17 Countries Will Participate In the Multilateral “Exercise Pitch Black 2022”
- Vietnam-India Bilateral Army Exercise Vinbax 2022 Concludes
- Indo Oman Joint Military Exercise Al Najaf IV Concludes
- Exercise Udarashakti Between Indian Air Force And Royal Malaysian Air Force Concludes
- List Of Indian Navy Multilateral And Tr-Services Military Exercises [UPDATED]
- Complete List Of Indian Navy Bilateral Exercise
- List Of Indian Navy Military Exercises 2022