In today’s Monthly Current affairs Of July 2022, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
MONTHLY CURRENT AFFAIRS JULY 2022
Ban On Single-Use Plastic Comes Into Force In Country
- Ban On Manufacture, Import, Stocking, Distribution, Sale, And Use Of Identified Single-use Plastic Items Has Come Into Force Across The Country. Single-use Plastic Is Those Items That Are Used Only Once And Discarded.
- The Items Covered Under The Ban Include Earbuds With Plastic Sticks, Plastic Sticks For Balloons, Plastic Flags, Candy Sticks, Ice-cream Sticks, Polystyrene (Thermocol) For Decoration, Plastic Plates, Plastic Cups, Plastic Glasses, And Plastic Cutlery.
- Ministry Of Environment, Forest, And Climate Change Said That National And State Level Control Rooms Will Be Set Up For Checking The Illegal Manufacture, Import, Stocking, Distribution, Sale, And Use Of A Banned Single For The Effective Enforcement Of The Ban.
Ease Of Doing Business Ranking: BRAP 2020
- Ministry Of Commerce And Industry Has Released An Ease Of Doing Business Ranking, Which Is Based On The Business Reforms Action Plan (BRAP) Report 2020. It Aims To Boost Investor Confidence, Foster A Business-friendly Climate, And Augment The Ease Of Doing Business Across The Country.
- The Parameters Include Various Areas, Such As Construction Permits, Labor Regulations, Environmental Registration, Access To Information, Land Availability, And A Single-window System.
- Seven States – Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Punjab, Telangana, And Tamil Nadu – Were Categorized As ‘Top Achievers’ In The Ease Of Doing Business Ranking Of States And Union Territories.
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Memorial Award Announced
- Dr. Jitendra Singh Has Announced the Setting Up Of the Dr. Rajendra Prasad’s Memorial Award In Public Administration In The Field Of Academic Excellence In the Memory Of The First President. Dr. Singh Chaired Meeting Of Executive Council Of Indian Institute Of Public Administration (IIPA) In New Delhi.
- The Institute Must Have A Futuristic Vision For The Next 25 Years To Attain The Goals Set By Prime Minister Narendra Modi. IIPA Has The Capacity, And It Needs To Continue Performing By Having An Enlarged Pool Of Experts And A Wide Spectrum Of Activities.
State Ranking Index For National Food Security Act
- India Is Now 100% Connected Under One Nation One Ration Card. 45 Crore Transactions Have Already Happened Under This Unique Initiative Which Provided The Beneficiaries, Freedom To Collect Ration From Any State And Union Territory In The Country.
- This Is The First Time That Sates Have Been Ranked For Food Distribution Under National Food Security Act. In The Ranking, Odisha Is Placed At Top Rank Followed By Uttar Pradesh And Andhra Pradesh. The States To Increase The Sowing Of Rice And Wheat Which Will Help In Increasing Exports.
Akasa Air Airlines Gets Air Operator Certificate
- The Country’s Newest Airline Akasa Air Has Received The Air Operator Certificate (AOC) From The Aviation Regulator Directorate General Of Civil Aviation To Start Its Commercial Operations. Akasa Air, A Brand Of SNV Aviation Private Limited. It Is Backed By Rakesh Jhunjhunwala.
Har Ghar Tiranga Campaign
- To Inspire Countrymen To Hoist The National Flag At Their Homes To Mark The 75th Independence Day. It Is Not Only An Act Of Personal Connection With The Tricolour But Also An Embodiment Of Our Commitment To Nation-building.
- The Flag Code Of India, 2002 Brings Together All Laws, Conventions, Practices, And Instructions For The Display Of The National Flag And Governs The Display Of The National Flag By Private, Public, And Government Institutions. The Flag Code Of India Took Effect On 26th January 2002.
Youth In India 2022 Report
- The Ministry Of Statistics And Programme Implementation Shows That The Population Share Of The Youth Is Starting To Decline Whereas The Share Of The Elderly Is Expected To Increase During 2021-2036.
- A Sustained Drop In Fertility Has Led To An Increased Concentration Of The Population At Working Ages (Between 25 And 64 Years) And This Shift In The Age Distribution Provides A Time-bound Opportunity For Accelerated Economic Growth Known As The “Demographic Dividend”.
- Key Findings: The Youth Population Is Expected To Increase Initially But Will Start To Decline In The Latter Half Of 2011-2036 Period. States Such As Kerala, Tamil Nadu, And Himachal Pradesh Are Projected To See A Higher Elderly Population Than The Youth By 2036.
- The Proportion Of Youth To The Total Population Increased From 26.6% In 1991 To 27.9% In 2016 And Then Projected To Start A Downward Trend And Reach 22.7 % By The Year 2036.
NIRF Ranking 2022
- IIT – Madras Has Emerged As The Best Educational Institution While IISc – Bengaluru Is Best University In India Rankings – 2022. IIM – Ahmedabad Is The Best Management Institute In The Country Followed By IIM, Bangalore, And IIM, Calcutta.
- AIIMS, New Delhi Is The Best Medical College. IIT, Madras Is The Best Engineering College. Jamia Hamdard In The Best Pharmacy Institute In The Country. Miranda House, Delhi Is The Best College, Followed By Hindu College, Delhi.
- Innovation And Entrepreneurship Will Be Part Of The National Institutional Ranking Framework, NIRF, And National Assessment And Accreditation Council, NAAC. Mr. Pradhan Said, All Institutions Have To Come Into The Two Frameworks, Accreditation And Ranking.
“Jagriti” Mascot Launched
- The Department Of Consumer Affairs Has Launched “Jagriti”, A Mascot For Empowering Consumers And Generating Awareness Of Their Rights. Used To Generate Consumer Awareness About Various Themes Of The Department. Mascot Shall Be Shown With The Tagline “Jago Grahak Jago” In All Campaigns.
- The Themes Include Provisions Of The Consumer Protection Act 2019, Hallmarking, National Consumer Helpline Toll-free Number 1915, Provisions Of The Weights And Measures Act, Decisions Of The Central Consumer Protection Authority, And Testimonials By Consumers On Grievance Redressal.
PV Sindhu Clinches Singapore Open
- Women’s Single Title Of The Singapore Open. The Two-time Olympic Medalist Defeated Wang Zhi Yi Of China To Claim Her Maiden Title In The Singapore Open And Third Title This Year After Registering Wins In The Korea Open And Swiss Open.
Droupadi Murmu Takes Oath As India’s 15th President
- She Was Administered Oath By Chief Justice Of India N. V. Ramana At The Central Hall Of Parliament. The 64-year-old Is The Youngest President Of The Country & Born After Independence.
- Ms. Murmu Bagged 64% Of The Votes In The Poll And Opposition Candidate Yashwant Sinha Got 36%.
- She Is The First Tribal Woman And The Second Woman To Hold The Position Of President Of India.
3rd Edition Of India Innovation Index Released
- Karnataka, Manipur, And Chandigarh Have Topped In Their Respective Categories. NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Suman Bery Released It. The Index Is A Comprehensive Tool For The Evaluation And Development Of The Country’s Innovation Ecosystem.
- It Ranks The States And UTs On Their Innovation Performance To Build Healthy Competition Amongst Them. Karnataka Has Topped Again In The Major States Category, Manipur Is Leading The Northeast And Hill States Category And Chandigarh Is The Top Performer In The Union Territories And City States.
68th National Film Awards
- Were Announced By Information And Broadcasting Ministry. The Award For Best Hindi Film Went To Toolsidas Junior And The Award For Best Feature Film Was Given To Soorarai Pottru. Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior Won The Award For Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
- Bollywood Actor Ajay Devgan And Tamil Actor Suriya Have Jointly Bagged The National Film Award For The Year 2020 For Best Actor For Their Roles In Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior And Soorarai Pottru. Aparna Balamurali Won The Award For Best Actress For Her Role In The Tamil Film Soorarai Pottru.
Neeraj Chopra Shines @ World Athletics Championships
- A Silver Medal In The Men’s Javelin Throw Event At World Athletics Championships At Eugene In Oregon, United States, With His Best Throw Of 88.13 Meters. Grenadian Javelin Thrower Anderson Peters Won The Gold Medal With A Throw Of 90.54 Meters.
- Neeraj Chopra Is The First Ever Indian To Win A Silver Medal At World Athletics Championships. He Is The Second Indian After Former Long Jumper Anju Bobby George, Who Won A Bronze Medal In The Long Jump In 2003 In Paris.
Iran Applies For BRICS Group Of Emerging Countries
- Iran Has Applied To Become A Member Of The BRICS. Which Holds The World’s Second-largest Gas Reserves, Wants To Join The BRICS. Tehran’s Membership In The Brics Group Would Result In Added Values For Both Sides. Russia Said Argentina Had Also Applied To Join.
- China Has By Far The Largest Economy In The Brics Grouping, Accounting For More Than 70 Of The Group’s Collective 27.5 Trillion US Dollars In Economic Might. India Accounts For About 13 Percent.
- With Russia And Brazil Each Accounting For About Seven Percent, According To IMF Data. BRICS Account For More Than 40 Percent Of The World’s Population And About 26 Percent Of The Global Economy.
Sweden, Finland Sign Accession Protocols With NATO
- Sweden And Finland Signed The Accession Protocols At The NATO Headquarters. The Signing Was Held In The Presence Of Finnish Foreign Minister Pekka Haavisto And Swedish Foreign Minister Ann Linde.
- The Signing Of The Accession Protocols Marks The Start Of The Ratification Process. In A Statement, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg Termed The Signing Historic. The 30-member NATO Group Seeks To Promote Collective Security Among Its Members.
- The Development Is Significant Coming In The Backdrop Of The Ukraine Conflict. Russia Opposes The Eastward Expansion Of NATO And Finland Is Russia’s Neighbor. Mr. Stoltenberg Said That NATO’s Door Remains Open To European As They Face What He Termed, The Biggest Security Crisis In Decades.
UNESCO Panel On Intangible Cultural Heritage
- India Has Been Elected To The Intergovernmental Committee Of UNESCO’s 2003 Convention For The Safeguarding Of The Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH) For The 2022-2026 Cycle. India Has Served As A Member Of The ICH Committee Twice – From 2006 To 2010 And From 2014 To 2018.
- As The Nation Celebrates Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, India Will Be A Part Of Two Prominent Committees Of UNESCO – Intangible Cultural Heritage (2022-2026) And World Heritage (2021-2025). This Is Yet Another Opportunity For India To Reinstate The Values Of ‘Vasudeva Kutumbakam’.
- According To UNESCO, The Core Functions Of The Intergovernmental Committee For The Safeguarding Of Intangible Cultural Heritage Are To Promote The Objectives Of The Convention, Provide Guidance On Best Practices And Make Recommendations On Measures For The Safeguarding Of Heritage.
Fields Medals 2022
- Ukrainian Mathematician Maryna Viazovska Along With Other Three Mathematicians Received The Prestigious Fields Medals. Fields Medal Is Often Described As The Nobel Prize In Mathematics. The Fields Medal Is Awarded Every Four Years To One Or More Mathematicians Under The Age Of 40.
- France’s Hugo Duminil-Copin, US Based June Huh, And Britain’s James Maynard Were Also Awarded The Medals At A Ceremony In Helsinki.
- Fields Medal Is Awarded At The International Congress Of The International Mathematical Union (IMU). Fields Medal Is Awarded To Recognize Outstanding Mathematical Achievement For Existing Work And For The Promise Of Future Achievement.
India Will Surpass China As The Most Populous Nation
- UN Report Said That As On Earth In 2023.
- The UN Dept Of Economic And Social Affairs, Population Division, Said That The Global Population Is Projected To Reach 8 Billion On November 15, 2022.
- The World’s Population Is Growing At Its Slowest Pace Since 1950.
- It Should Hit 8.5 Billion In 2030 And 9.7 Billion In 2050, Peaking At Around 10.4 Billion People In The 2080s.
- More Than Half Of The Rise Forecast In The World Population In The Coming Decades Will Be Concentrated In Eight Countries Of DR Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, The Philippines, And Tanzania.
- Elena Rybakina Of Kazakhstan Has Clinched Wimbledon Women’s Singles Title Defeating Jabeur Of Tunisia In The Final. Elena Has Become The First Tennis Player From Kazakhstan To Win A Grand Slam Singles Championship.
- Serbian Star Novak Djokovic Won Wimbledon 2022 After Beating Australia’s Nick Kyrgios In London. Djokovic Has A Total Of Seven Wimbledon Titles. It Is Djokovic’s 21st Grand Slam Title Overall.
Image Captured By James Webb Space Telescope
- The First Full-color Image From NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope Was Released that Provides Glimpses Of What The Early Universe Looked Like.
- The Clearest Image To Date Of The Early Universe, Going Back 13 Billion Years, Has Been Released.
- The Image Showed Thousands Of Galaxies And Some Of The Faintest Objects Observed, Colorized In Blue, Orange, And White Tones.
Global Gender Gap Index 2022
- WEF Ranked India At 135 Out Of 146 Countries. India’s Overall Score Has Improved From 0.625 (In 2021) To 0.629, Which Is Its 7th Highest Score In The Last 16 Years. In 2021, India Was Ranked 140 Out Of 156 Countries.
- Iceland Has Retained Its Position As The World’s Most Gender Equal Country, Among 146 Nations On The Index. Finland, Norway, New Zealand, And Sweden Are The Top Five Countries On The List, Respectively. Afghanistan Is The Worst.
- The Index Benchmarks Countries On Their Progress Towards Gender Parity In Four Key Dimensions With Sub Metrics:
- Economic Participation And Opportunity
- Educational Attainment
- Health And Survival
- Political Empowerment
Inaugural I2U2 Meet Concluded
- The Inaugural I2U2 Leaders Meeting Focussed On The Food Security Crisis And Clean Energy. Innovative Ways Were Discussed To Ensure Longer-term, More Diversified Food Production And Delivery Systems That Can Better Manage Global Food Shocks.
- Intend To Mobilize Private Sector Capital And Expertise To Modernize Infrastructure, Advance Low Carbon Development Pathways For Industries, Improve Public Health And Access To Vaccines, And Advance Physical Connectivity Between Countries In The Middle East Region.
- The UAE Will Invest Two Billion Dollars To Develop A Series Of Integrated Food Parks Across India That Will Incorporate State-of-the-art Climate-smart Technologies To Reduce Food Waste And Spoilage, Conserve Fresh Water And Employ Renewable Energy Sources. India Will Provide Appropriate Land For The Project And Will Facilitate Farmers’ Integration Into The Food Parks.
- The US And Israeli Private Sectors Will Be Invited To Lend Their Expertise And Offer Innovative Solutions That Contribute To The Project’s Overall Sustainability. These Investments Will Help Maximize Crop Yields And Help Tackle Food Insecurity In South Asia And The Middle East.
- The I2U2 Group Will Advance A Hybrid Renewable Energy Project In Gujarat Consisting Of 300 Mega Watts Of Wind And Solar Capacity Complemented By A Battery Energy Storage System. The US Trade And Development Agency Funded A Feasibility Study For The 330-million Dollar Project.
- UAE-Based Companies Are Exploring Opportunities To Serve As Critical Knowledge And Investment Partners. Israel And The US Intend To Work With The UAE And India To Highlight Private Sector Opportunities. Indian Companies Are Keen To Participate In This Project And Contribute To India’s Goal Of Achieving 500 GW Of Non-fossil Fuel Capacity By 2030.
Varanasi To Be Cultural And Tourism Capital Of SCO
- Varanasi Will Be The First City In SCO Region To Be Granted The Rotating Title Of ‘Cultural & Tourism Capital Of SCO’ Under A New Mechanism During India’s SCO Presidency From September 2022 To September 2023. India Will Take Over From Uzbekistan At The Samarkand Summit In September This Year.
- SCO Secretary-General Zhang Ming Said That People-to-people Cooperation Is An Important Area Under The SCO Framework, And Member States Are Very Proactive And Positive And Implemented A Large Amount Of Cooperation In Cultures.
Henley Passport Index 2022
- Japan, Singapore, And South Korea Have The Most Powerful Passports As The World Continues To Recover From Covid-19, Reversing Pre-pandemic Rankings That Were Dominated By European Nations.
- A Japanese Passport Provides Hassle-free Entry To 193 Countries, One More Than Those From Singapore And South Korea, According To The Latest Henley Passport Index From Henley & Partners, An Immigration Consultancy.
- Russian Ranked 50th, Giving Easy Access To 119 Nations. China Placed 69th With Access To 80 Countries, India’s Passport Ranked 87th, And Afghanistan’s Passport Is The Least Useful, Getting The Holder Into Only 27 Countries.
Iran To Be Admitted In SCO
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Is Set For Its Second Expansion With Iran To Be Added As Its Newest Member At The Upcoming Summit In The Samarkand In Mid-September Under The Uzbekistan Presidency.
- SCO Secretary-general Zhang Ming Said That He Expects To See A Memorandum Of Obligations Of Iran Joining The SCO To Be Passed At The Summit.
- Belarus Has Also Applied For Sco Membership. Legal Process Regarding Belarus’ Application Will Soon Start, But It Will Require The Consensus Of All Member States. The Decision To Admit Iran Was Made In Last Year’s Dushanbe Summit.
- SCO Foreign Ministers Meeting On 28-29 July Will Set The Agenda For The Samarkand Summit Where Sco Expansion Is Among The Issues That Leaders Of The Grouping Are Likely To Discuss.
- This SCO Summit Is Being Held Amid Major Geopolitical Developments Like War In Ukraine, The Situation In Afghanistan, Cross-border Terrorism, Extremism, Supply Chain Logistics, And Connectivity With Eurasia.
Ukraine And Russia To Allow Export Of Grain
- Ukraine And Russia Have Signed An UN-Backed Deal To Allow The Export Of Millions Of Tonnes Of Grain From Blockaded Black Sea Ports. The Agreement Potentially Averted The Threat Of A Catastrophic Global Food Crisis.
- The Deal Would Open The Way To Significant Volumes Of Food Exports From Ukraine And Alleviate A Parallel Food And Economic Crisis In The Developing World.
Monkeypox Declared “A Global Health Emergency”
- The 2nd Meeting Of The WHO’s Emergency Committee On The Virus. The Classification Is The Highest Alert That The WHO Can Issue And Follows A Worldwide Upsurge In Cases. More Than 16,000 Cases Have Now Been Reported From 75 Countries.
- There Have Been Five Deaths So Far As A Result Of The Outbreak. There Are Only Two Other Health Emergencies Currently – The Coronavirus Pandemic And The Continuing Effort To Eradicate Polio.
Russia To Withdraw From ISS Project After 2024
- Russia Has Decided To Quit The International Space Station After 2024. Moscow’s Space Agency Roscosmos ‘ Newly-appointed Chief Yury Borisov Announced The Decision. President Vladimir Putin Was Also Briefed About It.
- Russia And The United States Have Worked Side By Side On The Space Station Which Has Been In Orbit Since 1998. The Space Program Will Continue To Get Top Priority, And Russia Will Start Putting Together A Russian Orbital Station Before 2024.
- Sending The First Man Into Space In 1961 And Launching The First Satellite Four Years Earlier Are Among Key Accomplishments Of The Soviet Space Program And Remain A Major Source Of National Pride In Russia.
- NASA Has Made No Immediate Comment On The Russian Decision To Quit The International Space Station After 2024. US State Department Spokesman Ned Price Called The Announcement An Unfortunate Development Given The “Valuable Professional Collaboration Our Space Agencies Have Had Over Years.
- ‘Dak Karmayogi’, An E-learning Portal Was Launched By
- Department Of Administrative Reforms
- Department Of Public Grievances
- Department Of Posts
- Department Of Education
- Goods And Services Tax Was Added Through
- 100th CAA
- 101st CAA
- 102nd CAA
- 103rd CAA
- Current President Of FATF
- Dr. Marcus Pleyer
- T Raja Kumar
- Juan Manuel
- Roger Wilkins
- The Iconic ‘Quit India’ Slogan Was Coined By
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Yusuf Meherally
- Maulana Hasrat Mohani
- Pandit Nehru
- Alluri Sitaram Raju Was Associated With
- Telugu Movement
- Rampa Rebellion
- Santhal Uprising
- Revolt Of 1857
- Digital India Week 2022 Was Launched At
- Indian Institute Of Public Administration Works Under
- Ministry Of Home Affairs
- Ministry Of Personnel
- Department of Administrative Reforms
- LBS National Academy Of Administration
- Longest Serving PM Of Japan
- Yoshihiko Noda
- Shinzo Abe
- Yoshihide Suga
- Fumio Kishida
- 10th World Peace Forum Was Held At
- Mission Vatsalya Scheme Works Under Aegis Of
- Ministry Of Women & Child Development
- Ministry Of Social Justice
- Ministry Of Finance
- Ministry Of Law
- SVANidhi Mahotsav Is Being Organised By
- Ministry Of Housing
- Ministry Of Social Justice
- Ministry Of Finance
- Ministry Of Law
- Colombo Security Conclave Was Formed In
- HQ Of Akasa Air
- “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” Is Taken From
- Brihadaranyaka Upanishad
- Chandogya Upanishad
- Maha Upanishad
- Mundaka Upanishad
- ____ Is A Memorial To B R Ambedkar, Located In Mumbai
- Karma Bhoomi
- Dharma Bhoomi
- Bharath Bhoomi
- Chaitya Bhoomi
- National Fish Farmers Day
- July 10
- July 11
- July 12
- July 13
- Father Of Induced Breeding Of The Carp In India
- Dr. Chandrakala Hora
- Dr. Hiralal Chaudhuri
- Dr. Alikunhi
- Dr. Swaminathan
- Military Exercise Carried Out By The Quad Members
- Hand in Hand
- Necklace Of Diamonds Strategy Is Associated With
- Sri Lanka
- Not A Member Of I2U2 Grouping
- Youth In India 2022 Report Has Been Released By
- Ministry Of Home Affairs
- Ministry Of Statistics
- NITI Aayog
- Ministry Of Youth Affairs And Sports
- BIMSTEC Was Formed Through
- Bangkok Declaration
- Dhaka Declaration
- Delhi Declaration
- Colombo Declaration
- ASEAN Was Established By
- Bangkok Declaration
- Bali Declaration
- Kuala Lumpur Declaration
- Colombo Declaration
- 1st Directors-General Of The WHO
- Brock Chisholm
- Marcolino Gomes Candau
- Hiroshi Nakajima
- Lee Jong-wook
- 1st City Of Cultural & Tourism Capital Of SCO Region
- FIDE 44th Chess Olympiad Will Be Held At
- New Delhi
- ‘DIGI YATRA’ Project Is Associated With
- Ministry Of Road & Transport
- Ministry Of Railways
- Ministry Of Civil Aviation
- Ministry Of Electronics & IT
- India Stood At ____ In Henley Passport Index 2022
- _____ State Has Topped 3rd Edition Of India Innovation Index
- Andhra Pradesh
- Sakhya Sagar Wetland Site Is In Which State
- Tamil Nadu
- Madhya Pradesh
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs July 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs June 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs May 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]