DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 15th September 2021
Hindi Diwas Celebrated Across the Nation
- Hindi Diwas is celebrated on the 14th of September, to commemorate the adoption of Hindi in Devanagari script as one of the official languages in different Hindi speaking states of India.
- Hindi was adopted as one of the two official languages of the Republic of India by Constituent Assembly of India due to the efforts of Beohar Rajendra Simha along with Hazari Prasad Dwivedi, Kaka Kalelkar, Maithili Sharan Gupt and Seth Govind Das.
- As such, on the 50th birthday of Beohar Rajendra Simha on the 14th of September 1949, the efforts resulted in the adoption of Hindi as an official language.
- This decision was ratified by the Constitution of India that came into effect on the 26th of January 1950.
- Under Article 343 of the Indian Constitution, Hindi written in Devanagari script was adopted as one of official languages. In all, there are 22 Scheduled languages of India.
Sansad TV to be Launched
- Vice President of India and Rajya Sabha Chairman, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and Lok Sabha Speaker Shri Om Birla will jointly launch Sansad TV at the Main Committee Room, Parliament House Annexe on 15 September 2021 at 6 PM.
- The launch date coincides with the International Day of Democracy. About Sansad TV in February 2021, the decision to merge Lok Sabha TV and Rajya Sabha TV was taken and the CEO of Sansad TV was appointed in March 2021.
- Sansad TV programming will primarily be in 4 categories – functioning of Parliament and democratic institutions, governance and implementation of schemes/policies, history and culture of India and issues/interests/concerns of contemporary nature.
Rare Collection of BSI’s botanical paintings goes digital
- An exquisite collection of rare paintings, dyes, fabrics, and type specimens of the Botanical Survey of India is all set to go public.
- After an arduous decade-long exercise undertaken by the Botanical Survey of India, the entire collection of Roxburgh drawings was digitized earlier this month. The collection will now be available at https://archive.bsi.gov.in.
- The rare and enticing collection of botanical paintings held by the Botanical Survey of India is a captivating record of India’s plant diversity.
- It was back in the 1840s that the British botanist William Griffith discovered the rare holoparasitic flowering plant ‘Sapria Himalayana in Arunachal Pradesh. In those times, there were not several ways to document newly discovered species of flora & fauna.
- Thus, a botanical portrait of the plant with bright red flowers and sulphur yellow dots was made for the first time in 1842, by a painter named Lutchman Singh, near Kolkata.
Reducing food wastage, empowering locals: Food processing unit inaugurated in Madhya Pradesh
- The Ministry of Food Processing Industries inaugurated a new unit of food processing in Morena, Madhya Pradesh on September 12, 2021, in line with the Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav celebrations in the country.
- The unit was inaugurated by Minister of State for Food Processing Industries, Pralhad Singh Patel under the Cold Chain scheme of the Government. The Ministry was celebrating Food Processing Week from September 6 to 12 to celebrate the grand occasion of India @75. During this time, it inaugurated several units across the country. The food processing units are a good medium for reducing food wastage, and job creations. The food processing industry which is expected to be worth over half a trillion dollars by 2025 will be benefited by this.
- Cold Chain Scheme:
- Cold Chain, Value Addition, and Preservation Infrastructure, a central Government’s scheme, launched in 2008, is a component of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY). It was created to reduce post-harvest losses of horticulture and non-horticulture produce and provide remunerative prices to farmers for their produce.
India’s cumulative COVID-19 vaccination coverage surpasses 74.38 cr
- With the administration of 53,38,945 vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, the country’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage surpassed the cumulative figure of 74.38 cr (74,38,37,643) as per provisional reports till 7 am Monday. This has been achieved through 75,64,949 sessions.
- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country.
- The recovery of 37,687 patients in the last 24 hours has increased the cumulative tally of recovered patients (since the beginning of the pandemic) to 3, 24, 47, 032.
- Consequently, India’s recovery rate stands at 97.54%.
India to hold Global Buddhist Conference in November 19-20: ICCR
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) announced that India will hold Global Buddhist Conference (GBC) in November this year, as a bid to “cement ties with those who are into Buddhism”.
- GBC will be organized under the overall framework of the flagship event of the Ministry of Tourism. Eminent scholars from the prominent Buddhist universities/institutions in India and abroad will participate in the GBC.
- In run-up to the GBC, four regional conferences in India (Telangana, Sarnath, Gangtok and Dharamshala) and abroad (Japan, South Korea, Thailand, and Cambodia) will be organised.
Typhoon In-fa disrupts life in Eastern China
- Typhoon In-fa has moved to Shanghai and continued to lash the city after making landfall at the nearby island-city of Zhoushan.
- The meteorological authority said the provinces of Zhejiang and Jiangsu, as well as Shanghai municipality, all in eastern China, will be continually affected by heavy winds and torrential rains over the next couple of days.
- No casualties had been reported in Shanghai till now. Still, the typhoon has disrupted people’s lives.
- International Day of Democracy
- 18 June
- 15 September
- 19 January
- 26 August
- First International Day of Democracy was celebrated in
- In all, there are _____Scheduled languages of India.
- _____ Schedule has list of recognised languages in India.
- On the 50th birthday of _____on the 14th of September 1949, Hindi was adopted as Official Language.
- Beohar Rajendra Simha
- Sardar Patel
- Seth Govind Das
- Kaka Kalelkar
- ______ is CEO of Sansad TV
- Ravi Kapoor
- Brij Mohan Sharma
- Ghulam Abdul Haqq
- Chaudhry Ramesh Singh
- The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) was Established in
- The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) was founded by
- Sardar Patel
- Pandit Nehru
- Maulana Azad
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- Current President of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR)
- Vinay Sahasrabuddhe
- Dr. Vikram Singh
- Parthiv Shubham
- Nalini Gupta
- HQ of Botanical Survey of India
- New Delhi