In today’s 11 August 2022 Current affairs, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 11 August 2022
Varahagiri Venkata Giri Remembered On His Jayanthi
- Varahagiri Venkata Giri (10 August 1894 – 24 June 1980) was an Indian politician and activist from Berhampur in Odisha who served as the 4th president of India from 24 August 1969 to 24 August 1974 and 3rd vice president of India from 13 May 1967 to 3 May 1969.
- He is the first president to be elected as an independent candidate.
- He was succeeded by Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed as president in 1974.
- After the end of his full term, Giri was honored by the Government of India with the Bharat Ratna in 1975. Giri died on 24 June 1980.
PM Modi Dedicates 2nd Generation Ethanol Plant
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation the 2nd Generation (2G) Ethanol Plant at Panipat in Haryana through video conferencing.
- It is part of a long series of steps taken by the government over the years to boost the production and usage of biofuels in the country. It is in line with the Prime Minister’s constant endeavor to transform the energy sector into being more affordable, accessible, efficient, and sustainable.
- The 2G Ethanol Plant has been built at an estimated cost of over nine hundred crore rupees by the Indian Oil Corporation Limited.
- The project will turn a new chapter in India’s waste-to-wealth endeavors by utilizing about two lakh tonnes of rice straw (parali) annually to generate around three crore liters of Ethanol per annum. The project will also contribute to a reduction of Greenhouse Gases equivalent to about three lakh tonnes of Carbon Dioxide equivalent emissions per annum.
Drone Service Technician Course
- The Government has started a short-term course namely ‘Drone Service Technician’ in 126 Industrial Training Institutes.
- It has been started across 19 States for the session 2022-23. In a written reply in the Lok Sabha, Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajeev Chandrasekhar said the drone sector is a shining example of significant growth of innovation and start-ups in the last few years.
- The Minister said six short-term skilling courses have been developed for manufacturing, assembly, repairing, and maintenance of drones as well as to meet the requirement of skilled manpower in the drone sector.
- Mr. Chandrasekhar said the course comprises ground classes and practical training.
ECI To Host Asian Regional Forum
- The Election Commission will be hosting a virtual meeting of the Asian Regional Forum in New Delhi Today. This Regional Forum meets on the theme of Making our Elections Inclusive, Accessible and Participative, which is a precursor to the Global Summit for Democracy to be hosted by the National Electoral Institute of Mexico in the coming month.
- The Global Summit and the Regional Forum meet aim at generating synergy amongst international organizations, and electoral bodies from the world and promote intellectual and institutional mobilization to strengthen electoral democracy in the world.
- Chief Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar and Election Commissioner Anup Chandra Pandey will preside over the Asian Regional Forum meeting. It will have participation from Election Management Bodies of Mexico, Mauritius, Philippines, Nepal, Uzbekistan, Maldives, and Representatives from the Association of World Election Bodies and International Foundation for Electoral Systems.
- The first session is on Inclusive Elections: Enhancing Participation of Youth, Gender and Citizens in Remote Areas which will be co-chaired by the Chief Election Commissioner from Mauritius and Nepal. The second session will be on Accessible Elections: Enhancing Participation of Persons with Disabilities and Senior Citizens.
India Calls Unified Response To International Terrorism
- India has called for a united, coordinated and unified response to international terrorism.
- Speaking at the UNSC session on ‘Threats to International Peace and Security Caused by Terrorist Acts’, India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Ambassador Ruchira Kamboj said that terrorist threats are on the rise globally. She stated that there should be no double standards in dealing with terrorists.
- The Ambassador said double standards and continuing politicization have rendered the credibility of the UNSC Sanctions Regime at an all-time low. She said India hopes that all members of the UNSC can pronounce together in one voice, sooner rather than later, when it comes to this collective fight against international terrorism.
131st Durand Cup – 2022
- In Manipur, preparations are going on in full swing for hosting the Group-C matches of the 131st Durand Cup-2022 in Imphal. Asia’s oldest football tournament is being held in three different States- West Bengal, Assam, and Manipur for the first time.
- The 131st Edition Of The Durand Cup Will Kick-start On August 16, 2022, At The Salt Lake Stadium In Kolkata, And The Final Will Be Held On September 18 At The Same Venue.
- It Is The Oldest Football Competition In Asia Which Was Started In 1888.
- It may be mentioned that Chief Minister N. Biren Singh unveiled the trophies of the tournament at a function held at the City Convention Centre in Imphal last month.
Serena Williams Announces Retirement
- American tennis legend Serena Williams, the winner of 23 Grand Slam titles, has announced that she will retire from professional tennis.
- In an article for the Vogue Magazine, the 40-year-old star described her intention to finish her playing career as an evolution away from tennis.
- She explained that one of her biggest reasons for retirement is her intention to further expand her family.
- Serena has now set her eyes on the US Open which starts on the 29th of this month. It would be her last tournament.
- Serena Williams first major title was the 1999 US Open, when she was 17. She won her last Slam title at the 2017 Australian Open when she was eight weeks’ pregnant with daughter Olympia.
Direct Assignments Of Spectrum For Setting Up CNPN
- Department of Telecommunication (DoT) will undertake demand studies for direct assignments of the spectrum to Enterprises setting up Captive Non-Public Networks (CNPN). Enterprises having a net worth of over 100 crore rupees and willing to set up CNPNs by obtaining spectrum directly from DoT are invited to participate in this exercise.
- DoT has now launched a module on Saralsanchar portal for carrying out the demand studies. The portal may be accessed at: https://saralsanchar.gov.in.
- CNPNs by obtaining spectrum directly from DoT are invited to participate in this exercise. The details can be submitted on the portal starting today till September 9 this year.
- Captive Non-Public networks can play a key role in developing industries by providing secure, ultra-reliable, low latency, and high throughput communication using advanced technologies. The government had earlier issued the Guidelines for CNPN license on 27th June this year, aimed at establishing the legal framework for CNPNs.
- The guidelines provide that the enterprises seeking to establish CNPN may obtain spectrum on lease from Telecom Service Providers or directly from DoT. These guidelines also provide that the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) will undertake demand studies for direct assignments of the spectrum to Enterprises setting up CNPNs.
Want To Join the Indian Armed Forces and Prepare For The NDA CDS AFCAT Exam?
- Take the best NDA Exam Online Course by SSBCrackExams.
- Take the best CDS Exam Online Coaching by SSBCrackExams.
- Take the best AFCAT Exam Online Course by SSBCrackExams.
- SSB Interview Online Course [Must Enroll]
- Download the SSBCrack Exams app for all defence exams preparation.
- Which Country Deployed The First 5G Network?
- South Korea
- G In 5G Technology Stands For
- 5G Is Designed To Deliver Peak Data Rates Up To
- 50 Gbps
- 20 Gbps
- 100 Gbps
- 5 Gbps
- Where Will Be 5G Used?
- Enhanced Mobile Broadband
- Massive IoT
- Mission Critical Communications
- All The Above
- How Is 5G Better Than 4G?
- 5G Is Significantly Faster Than 4G
- 5G Has Significantly Lower Latency Than 4G
- 5G Has More Capacity Than 4G
- All The Above
- Challenges For 5G Roll-Out?
- Frequency Band And Availability Of Spectrum Challenges
- Approach For 5G Network Deployment
- Need For Skilled Professionals
- All The Above
- Future Possibilities With 5G Are
- Enhanced Connectivity
- Smart Cities And Industry
- Internet Of Things (IoT)
- All The Above
- What Are The 5G Security Concerns?
- Lack Of Encryption Early In The Connection Process
- More Bandwidth Will Strain Current Security Monitoring
- Decentralized Security
- All The Above
- The First Smartphone Which Supports 5G Is
- Google Pixel 5A
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- iPhone 12
- Redmi Note 14 Pro
- In India, The Spectrum Auction Is Done By
- Department Of Telecommunications (DoT)
- Telecom Regulatory Authority Of India (TRAI)
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
- NITI Aayog
- Only UN Body Which Issues A Binding Resolution
- UN Secretariat
- World Health Organization
- UNSC Held Its First-Ever Session In
- 26 December 1948
- 17 January 1946
- 24 February 1949
- 30 July 1944
- United Nations Six Principal Organs Includes
- World Food Programme
- Economic and Social Council
- World Bank Group
- United Nations System Agencies Include
- International Court of Justice
- General Assembly
- Security Council
- World Bank Group
- Total Number Of UNSC Members
- Not A P5 Country
- Veto Power Rests With
- UN Secretary-General
- P5 Nations
- UN Charter Was Signed In
- The Name “United Nations”, Was Coined By
- F D Roosevelt
- Winston Churchill
- Joseph Stalin
- Vladimir Lenin
- India Has Been Elected ___Times To The UNSC
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs July 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs June 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs May 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]