In today’s current affairs for 23rd November 2022, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs news. These important current affairs will be very helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air Force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air Force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 23 November 2022
Biggest Manipur Festival Sangai 2022
- The Biggest Tourism Festival Of Manipur – Sangai Festival On 21 November 2022 At Moirang Khunou In Bishnupur District Of Manipur Inaugurated By Union Minister For Tourism G Kishan Reddy.
- The Festival Which Started In 2010 Is Being Held After A 2 Year Gap Due To Covid.
- To Highlight The Uniqueness Of The Shy And Gentle Deer Known As The Sangai In The Region, The Festival Is Called Sangai Festival .
- It Is A Rare Species Of Deer Which Is Also The State Animal Of Manipur.
- Theme Of The Sangai Festival 2022:‘ Festival Of Oneness’.
- Book Your SSB Interview Class Now – Click Here
- Join AFCAT 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Join CDS 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Join NDA 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Enroll In Our SSB Interview Course
World Heritage Week 2022
- The Department Of Archives, Archaeology And Museums Celebrates World Heritage Week Starting From November 19 To November 25, 2022.
- The World Heritage Week Is Observed To Encourage The Conservation Of Culture And Heritage.
- The World Heritage Week Is Celebrated By The Archaeological Survey Of India & It Is Also Celebrated By UNESCO And Other International Organisations.
- India Follows Various Approaches On World Heritage Day (18 April) And World Heritage Week (19-25 November) To Celebrate The Spirit Of The World Heritage Convention.
- Providing Free Admission At Ticketed Monuments, Involving Youth And Children Through Painting Competitions, Publishing Books On World Heritage, Among Others Are Some Of These Initiatives.
- The Member States Of UNESCO Adopted The World Heritage Convention In 1972.
- Uttar Pradesh Has The Highest Numbers Of Monuments (Total: 3,691 Monuments).
- 40 Are Listed Under The UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- India Has The 6th Largest Number Of Heritage Sites In The World.
- It Is Important To Encourage The Conservation Of These Sites By Celebrating The Heritage Week.
- Archaeological Survey of India:
- Founded: 1861
- Director General: V. Vidyavathi
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founder: Alexander Cunningham
- Parent Organisation: Ministry Of Culture
Australian Parliament Approves FTA With India
- Australian PM Anthony Albanese Announced Country’s Free Trade Agreement With India Has Been Passed By The Australian Parliament.
- The India- Australia Economic Cooperation And Trade Agreement (“Indaus ECTA”) Was Signed Virtually In The Presence of Narendra Modi And Scott Morison.
- 12,000 Indian Goods (More Than 90%) Will Get Duty-free Access To The Australian Market.
- In The Next 5 Years, It Will Cover 100% Of Indian Goods.
- About 70% Of Australian Products Will Get Duty-free And Concessional Access To The Indian Market (Will Increase To 85 % In 10 Years).
- Dairy Sector Is Out Of The Trade Deal.
- Indian Exporters In Labour-intensive Ones Like Agriculture, Textiles & Garments And Pharmaceuticals Will Get Duty-free Access To The Australian Market.
- The Deal Also Agrees Freer Mobility Of Skilled Professionals From India.
- India Majorly Exports Petroleum Products, Gems And Jewellery, Textiles And Apparels, Engineering Goods, Leather, Chemicals To Australia.
- Australia Is The 17th Largest Trading Partner Of India And India Is Australia’s 9th Largest Partner.
India Will Chair Global Partnership On AI – 2022-23
- In Tokyo, The Ministry Of Electronics And IT Said That India Will Take Over The Chairmanship Of The Global Partnership On Artificial Intelligence (2022-23) From France.
- It Is An International Initiative To Support Responsible And Human-Centric Development And The Use Of AI.
- GPAI Includes 25 Member Countries, Like the US, the UK, European Union, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, South Korea, And Singapore.
- India Joined The GPAI In 2020 As A Founding Member.
- By 2035, Artificial Intelligence Is Expected To Add 967 Billion US Dollars To The Indian Economy.
- It Is Also Predicted To Add 450 To 500 Billion US Dollars To India’s GDP By 2025.
Russia – The Biggest Supplier Of Fertilizers To India
- Russia Becomes The Biggest Supplier Of Fertilizers To India In The 1st Half Of The 2022-23 Financial Year Replacing China.
- The Russians Offered Its Fertilizers To India At A High Discount After The Global Fertilizer Prices Jumped During The Russia-Ukraine War.
- Russia’s Share In Indian Imports Was Around 6% In The 2021/22 Financial Year While China Was Around 24%.
- India’s Fertilizer Imports From Russia Increased By 371% To A Record 2.15 Million Tonnes In The 1st 6 Months Of The Year (April- September 2022).
- India, Which Is A Major Importer Of Urea, Aims To Become Self-sufficient By 2024.
- Russia And Belarus Were A Major Exporter Of Fertilizers In The World.
World Fisheries Day – 2022
- World Fisheries Day Is Celebrated Annually On the 21st of November & Its Aims To Highlighting The Critical Importance Of Healthy Ocean Ecosystems And To Ensure Sustainable Stocks Of Fisheries In The World.
- Fisheries Sector Play A Vital Role In The Socio-economic Development Of Fisherfolk.
- This Sector Has Been Recognized As A Powerful Income And Employment Generator as it Creates Growth Of A Number Of Adjacent Industries & Is A Source Of Cheap And Nutritious Food.
- It Is The Source Of Livelihood For A Large Section Of the Economically Backward Population Of Our World.
- It Is Very Important To Find Solutions To the Challenges Faced By This Industry For The Development Of Our World And To Address These Problems.
- The First World Fisheries Day Was Celebrated On November 21, 2015.
- WFF (World Fisheries Forum) Was Established Around 1997.
OECD Cuts India Growth Rate To 6.6 %In 2022
- The Organisation For Economic Co-operation And Development (OECD) Has Recently Cut The Expected Growth Rate Of The Economy Of India In 2022 To 6.6% From Its Earlier Forecast Of 6.9% But It Has Retained Its Earlier Prediction Of 5.7% In 2023.
- OECD Expects The World Economy To Grow By 3.1% Down From 5.9% Growth In 2021.
- It Expects The Growth To Be 2.2 % In 2023 And 2.7% In 2024.
- Europe Has Been Hit Hardest Due To The Russia -Ukraine War And The High Energy Prices.
- Germany Is Expected To Contract By -0.3% In 2022.
- U.S. Is Expected To Grow By 1.8% This Year, 0.5% In 2023 And 1.0% In 2024.
- China Growth Was Seen Rising From 3.3% This Year To 4.6% In 2023 And 4.1% In 2024.
- Organisation Of Economic Cooperation & Development:
- It Was Established On 16 December 1960 By 18 European Countries And The United States, Canada.
- It Is A Think Tank That Encourages The Free Market Economy.
- Member Countries: 38 Member, Headquarter: Paris, France
- Who Is The Current Union Minister For Tourism?
- Nirmala Sitharaman
- Nitin Gadkari
- G Kishan Reddy
- Prabhat Patel
- What Was The Theme Of The Sangai Festival 2022?
- Festival Everyday
- Festival Of Oneness
- Sangai: My Festival
- None Of The Above
- Sangai, In Manipur, Is A Rare Species Of ______?
- World Heritage Week 2022 Is Observed On ?
- 17-23 Nov
- 19-24 Nov
- 19-26 Nov
- 19-25 Nov
- World Heritage Day Is Observed On Which Day?
- 26 June
- 18 March
- 18 April
- None Of The Above
- ___Was The Chairman Of The 21st Law Commission Of India?
- Justice Prabhakar Swami
- Justice Manikarnan
- Justice BS Chauhan
- None Of The Above
- Which Indian State Has the Highest Numbers Of Monuments?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- Who Is The Current Director General Of the Archaeological Survey of India Is?
- V. Vidyavathi
- Rajendra Shukla
- O.P Pandit
- None Of The Above
- India Will Take Over The Chairmanship Of Global Partnership On AI From Which Country?
- None Of The Above
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs October 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs September 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs August 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs July 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs June 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs May 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]