In today’s Monthly Current Affairs for September 2022, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs news. These Important current affairs will be very helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article.
MONTHLY CURRENT AFFAIRS SEPTEMBER 2022
Rashtriya Poshan Maah
- The Objective For 2022 Of The Poshan Maah Is To Trigger Poshan Maah Through Gram Panchayats As Poshan Panchayats With Key Focus On “Mahila Aur Swasthya” And “Bacha Aur Shiksha”.
- It Serves As A Platform To Bring Focus To The Discourse Of Nutrition And Good Health. In The 5th Rashtriya Poshan Maah, The Aim Is To Convert Jan Andolan Into Jan Bhagidari To Fulfill The Prime Minister’s Vision Of A Suposhit Bharat.
Unemployment Rate Falls From 7.6% In April To June
- The Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) Unemployment Data Shows The Country’s Unemployment Rate Fell From 7.6% In April To June This Year. It Is The Lowest Since The Survey Began In The First Quarters Of 2018. The PLFS Is Released By The Ministry Of Statistics And Programme Implementation.
Justice DY Chandrachud Nominated To NALSA
- Executive Chairman Of NALSA. Born In 1959, He Was Appointed Judge Of SC On 13th May 2016. Earlier, He Served As CJ Of The Allahabad High Court. He Completed His LLB From DU And Obtained LLM Degree And A Doctorate In Juridical Sciences From Harvard Law School In USA.
Kalyan Chaubey Elected As New President Of AIFF
- Former Footballer Kalyan Chaubey Has Been Elected As The President Of The All-India Football Federation (AIFF). Kalyan Defeated The Legendary Bhaichung Bhutia In The Election For The Top Post. Karnataka Football Association President N A Haris, Won The Election For Post Of Vice President.
- Book Your SSB Interview Class Now – Click Here
- Join AFCAT 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Join CDS 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Join NDA 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Enroll In Our SSB Interview Course
36th National Games In Ahmedabad
- Mascot Is Named As Savaj Which Means Cub In Gujarati. The Anthem Is Based On The Theme Of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat. Organized Between 29th Sept To 12th Oct At 6 Cities Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, And Bhavnagar. www.nationalgamesgujarat.in And Mobile App NG Gujarat.
ISRO Tests Aerodynamic Decelerator To Land Missions
- A New Technology With Inflatable Aerodynamic Decelerator (IAD). Designed And Developed By ISRO’s Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), IAD Is A Game-changer With Multiple Applications For Future Missions, Including Mars And Venus.
- The IAD Was Successfully Test Flown In A ‘Rohini’ Sounding Rocket From Thumba Equatorial Rocket Launching Station. Rohini Sounding Rockets Are Routinely Used For Flight Demonstration Of New Technologies Being Developed By ISRO As Well As By Scientists From India And Abroad.
- The IAD Has Systematically Reduced The Velocity Of The Payload Through Aerodynamic Drag And Followed The Predicted Trajectory. This Demonstration Opens A Gateway For Cost-effective Spent Stage Recovery Using The Inflatable Aerodynamics Decelerator Technology.
68th Edition Of Nehru Trophy Boat Race
- In Kerala, The 68th Edition Of The Prestigious Nehru Trophy Boat Race Will Is Held At Punnamada Lake In Alappuzha District. 20 Snake Boats (Chundan Valloms) Will Be Competing For The Coveted Trophy, Which Bears The Signature Of The First Prime Minister Of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- The Development And Upgradation Of 14,500 Schools Across The Country Under The Pradhan Mantri Schools For Rising India (PM-SHRI) Yojana.
- The PM-Shri Schools Will Have A Modern, Transformational, And Holistic Method Of Imparting Education.
- It Symbolizes A Shift From Erstwhile Rajpath Being An Icon Of Power To Kartavya Path Being An Example Of Public Ownership And Empowerment. These Steps Are In Line With Prime Minister’s Second Panch Pran For New India In Amrit Kaal: Remove Any Trace Of Colonial Mindset.
- The Statue Of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, Which Will Be Unveiled By The PM, Is Being Installed In The Same Place Where A Hologram Statue Of Netaji Was Unveiled Earlier This Year On Parakram Diwas 23rd January By Him.
- The Statue, Made Of Granite, Is A Fitting Tribute To The Immense Contribution Of Netaji. Crafted By Arun Yogiraj Who Was The Main Sculptor, The 28 Feet Tall Statue Has Been Carved From A Monolithic Granite Stone And Weighs 65 Metric Tonnes.
Neeraj Chopra Wins Diamond League Trophy
- Neeraj Chopra Is The First Indian To Win The Diamond Trophy. Chopra Led The Field From His First Legal Attempt Which Was Measured At 88.44m. Neeraj Capped Off A Dream Season With The Prestigious Diamond League Final Title.
‘Vande Bharat 2’ By Indian Railways
- It Will Be Equipped With More Advancements And Improved Features Like 0 To 100 Kmpl Speed In Just 52 Seconds, Maximum Speed Up To 180 Kmph, The Lesser Weight Of 392 Tons Instead Of 430 Tons, And WI-FI Content On Demand.
- New Vande Bharat Will Also Have 32-Inch Lcd TVs Which Were 24-inch In Earlier Versions. 15% More Energy Efficient ACs With Dust-free Clean Air Cooling Of The Traction Motor Will Make The Travel More Comfortable.
- Side Recliner Seat Facility Which Is Being Provided To Executive Class Passengers Will Now Be Made Available For All Classes. In The New Design Of Vande Bharat Express, A Photo-catalytic Ultraviolet Air Purification System Is Installed In The Roof-mounted Roof Mounted Package Unit For Air Purification.
National Maritime Heritage Complex To Build In Lothal
- Ministry Of Ports, Shipping And Waterways Are Building The National Maritime Heritage Complex At The Historic Indus Valley Civilisation Region Of Lothal In Gujarat With A Total Cost Of 3,500 Crores Rupees.
- A First-of-its-kind Complex In The Country, This Centre Will Showcase India’s Rich And Diverse Maritime Heritage. The Foundation Stone For This Project Was Laid By Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- By Using The Latest Technology Maritime Heritage Will Be Projected In A User-Friendly Manner To Spread Awareness Among People. The Commissioning Of Phase 1A Of This Project Is Targeted To Be Completed By March 2024. The Government Of Gujarat Is Playing A Vital Role In This Project.
Cheetah Re-Introduction Project
- PM Modi Launched The Cheetah Re-introduction Project On The 17th Of September. For The First Time That The Cheetah Is Being Re-introduced After Its Disappearance From India In The 1950s, The Minister Emphasized On The Need To Connect The Younger Generation With The World Of Wild Animals.
National Logistics Policy
- National Logistics Policy That Seeks To Address Challenges Facing The Transport Sector And Bring Down The Logistics Cost Of Businesses To A Single Digit. It Will Also Prevent Damage To Agricultural Products By Providing Faster Transportation.
- Various Road Projects, Such As Bharatmala And Sagarmala, Were Launched To Improve Connectivity. Speeding Up The Work Of The Dedicated Freight Corridor Is Also A Move In That Direction.
- The Unified Logistics Interface Platform Will Bring All Digital Services Related To The Transportation Sector Into A Single Portal, Freeing The Exporters From A Host Of Very Long And Cumbersome Processes.
- Under The Policy, A New Digital Platform – Ease Of Logistics Services – Has Also Been Started. PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan Will Work In Tandem With The National Logistics Policy.
2nd India-Japan 2 Plus 2 Ministerial Dialogue
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh And External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar Held The Second India-Japan 2 Plus 2 Foreign And Defence Ministerial Meeting In Tokyo With Japanese Foreign Minister Hayashi Yoshimasa And Defence Minister Hamada Yasukazu.
- Commitment To A Rules-based Global Order That Respects The Sovereignty And Territorial Integrity Of Nations. They Emphasized The Need For All Countries To Seek Peaceful Resolution Of Disputes In Accordance With International Law Without Resorting To Threat Or Use Of Force.
- To A Common Strategic Goal Of Achieving A Free And Open Indo-Pacific, That Is Inclusive And Resilient, Based On The Rule Of Law And Free From Coercion. They Also Reiterated Their Strong Support For ASEAN’s Unity And Centrality And Their Full Support For The ‘ASEAN Outlook On The Indo-Pacific’.
India Climbs To 40th Rank In Global Innovation Index
- India Has Moved Up 41 Positions In The GII Rankings During The Past Seven Years. In The GII 2021 Rankings, India, Which Had Been Ranked 81st In 2015, Moved Up To Position 46. It Jumped 6 Positions In Comparison To Last Year.
Jhulan Goswami Announces Retirement
- A Veteran, Of 283 International Games For India, Will Play Her Last Match Against England At Lord. If The BCCI Will Institute A Hall Of Fame For Women’s Cricket In India, Jhulan Goswami Would Certainly Feature The Highest Place.
R Venkataramani: New Attorney General Of India
- Senior Advocate R Venkataramani Has Been Appointed As The New Attorney General Of India. In A Notification, The Ministry Of Law And Justice Has Appointed Him For 3 Years From The 1st Of October. He Will Succeed Mr. K K Venugopal.
Safe And Legal Abortion Till 24 Weeks Of Pregnancy
- The SC Ruled That All Women Are Entitled To Safe And Legal Abortion And That The Distinction Between Married And Unmarried Women In This Matter Is Unconstitutional. Unmarried Women Are Also Entitled To Seek Abortion Of Pregnancy In The Term Of 20-24 Weeks Of A Consensual Relationship.
President Murmu Confers 68th National Film Awards
- Legendary Actress Asha Parekh Got The Dadasaheb Phalke Award Of 2020 For Her Outstanding Lifetime Contribution To Indian Cinema.
- The 68th National Film Awards Were To Be Held In 2021 But Were Postponed Due To The COVID-19 Pandemic.
Sri Lanka, IMF Agreement For Loan Of 2.9 Billion USD
- The Sri Lankan Government And IMF Have Reached A Preliminary Agreement For A Loan Of 2.9 Billion Dollars To Support The Country’s Economic Policies With A 48-month Arrangement Under Extended Fund Facility.
- Sri Lanka’s New Fund-supported Programme Aims To Restore Macroeconomic Stability And Debt Sustainability. It Also Safeguarding Financial Stability, Protecting The Vulnerable, And Stepping Up Structural Reforms To Address Corruption Vulnerabilities And Unlock Growth Potential.
EU To Suspend Visa Agreement With Russia
- EU Foreign Ministers Have Agreed To Suspend A Visa Agreement With Moscow And Making It Harder For Russian Citizens To Obtain Entry To The Bloc. More Than A Million Russian Citizens Have Travelled To The EU Since Russia Started Special Military Operations Against Ukraine In February.
US-Pacific Island Country Summit
- The First-Ever US-Pacific Island Country Summit In The Last Week Of This Month Amid The Growing Influence Of China In The Indo-pacific Region. The Summit Will Be Held In Washington From 28th To 29th September The White House Said In A Statement That Us President Joe Biden Will Host The Summit.
Eastern Economic Forum
- PM Modi Has Said That India Is Eager To Strengthen Its Partnership With Russia On Arctic Subjects. Addressing The Plenary Session Of the 7th Eastern Economic Forum Being Held In Vladivostok Through Video Conferencing, Mr. Modi Said, There Is Immense Scope For Cooperation In The Field Of Energy.
- Along With Energy, India Has Also Made Significant Investments In The Russian Far East In The Fields Of Pharma And Diamonds. Due To The Far-East Policy Of India Launched In 2019, Cooperation With The Russian Far East Has Increased In Various Fields.
Volker Turk Next UN Commissioner For Human Rights
- Volker Turk Of Austria Has Been Appointed As The Next United Nations High Commissioner For Human Rights. The New High Commissioner Is Currently Coordinating Global Policy Work As An Under-Secretary-General In The UN’s Executive Office.
- Previously, He Was The Assistant High Commissioner For Protection At UN Refugees, UNHCR, In Geneva Where He Played A Key Role In The Development Of The Landmark Global Compact On Refugees. Turk Will Succeed Michelle Bachelet Of Chile.
Carlos Alcaraz Wins US Open Men’s Singles title
- Spanish Teenager Carlos Alcaraz Beat Casper Ruud To Win Men’s Singles Title At The US Open Tennis In New York Last Night. Alcaraz Defeated Ruud In A Four-set Thriller To Clinch His Maiden Grand Slam.
- The 19-year-old Alcaraz Is The Youngest Men’s Grand Slam Champion Since Rafael Nadal Won The French Open In 2005. The US Open Title Win Also Sees Him Become The Youngest World Number 1.
PM Modi Attends 22nd SCO Summit At Samarkand
- Highlights Of Mr. Modi’s Speech: The Pandemic And The Crisis In Ukraine Caused Many Obstacles In Global Supply Chains, Due To Which The Whole World Is Facing An Unprecedented Energy And Food Crisis.
- He Said SCO Must Make Efforts To Develop Reliable, Resilient, And Diversified Supply Chains In Our Region. He Stressed That This Would Require Better Connectivity And Need For Giving Each Other Full Right To Transit.
International Treaty On Plant Genetic Resources
- India Is Going To Host The 9th Session Of The Governing Body Of The International Treaty On Plant Genetic Resources For Food And Agriculture From 19th To 24th Of Sept.
- The Treaty Is A Legally Binding Comprehensive Agreement Adopted In November 2001 In Rome During The 31st Session Of FAO, Which Entered Into Force In June 2004.
- During The Event, An Extensive Deliberation On How To Preserve, Conserve And Maintain The Germplasm, Biodiversity, And Food And Agriculture Will Be Held. Deliberation Will Also Be Held On How To Exchange And Share The Tolerant Germplasm Through A Multilateral System.
Donetsk And Lugansk Voted To Join Russia
- In Ukraine, Donetsk And Lugansk, Along With the Kherson Region And Part Of the Zaporizhzhia Region In Southern Ukraine Have Voted To Join Russia In Referendums That Were Held Between September 23 And 27.
- Members In The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)
- India And Pakistan Officially Joined SCO In
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Was Established In
- Shanghai Five Was Established In
- ____ Was Not A Member Of Shanghai Five
- Headquarter Of SCO
- Current Secretary General Of The SCO
- Vladimir Norov
- Sabyr Imandosov
- Pradeep Rawat
- Wang Li
- The Main Aim Of SCO Is To Generate Cooperation
- Resolving Border Issues
- Countering Terrorism
- Economic Cooperation
- All The Above
- 22nd SCO Summit Was Held At
- “Cultural And Tourism Capital” Of The SCO For 2022-23
- New Delhi
- HQ Of World Health Organisation (WHO)
- New York
- HQ Of International Labour Organisation (ILO)
- New York
- HQ Of International Maritime Organisation (IMO)
- New York
- HQ Of Amnesty International
- New York
- HQ Of Food And Agricultural Organisation (FAO)
- Washington DC
- HQ Of North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO)
- Washington DC
- HQ Of Organization Of Islamic Cooperation
- HQ Of United Nations Environnent Programme (UNEP)
- HQ Of UN Office For Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- New York
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs September 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs August 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs July 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs June 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs May 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
Leave a Reply