In today’s Monthly Current affairs Of August 2022, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs topics. These current events and questions will be very helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article.
MONTHLY CURRENT AFFAIRS AUGUST 2022
India’s First International Bullion Exchange
- PM Modi Launched IIBE At Gujarat International Finance Tech (GIFT) City In Gandhinagar. Also Launched NSE IFSC-SGX Connect And Laid The Foundation Stone Of HQs Of The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) At Gift City.
- Gift City Has Been Established As An Integrated Finance And Technology Services Hub For India And The World. With The Inauguration Of IIBE, India Can Not Only Influence The Gold Pricing But Also Play A Role In Setting The Gold Prices.
‘Tiranga Utsav’ Celebrated To Honour Pingali Venkayya
- Ministry Of Culture Organized “Tiranga Utsav” An Evening Filled With Cultural And Musical Performances To Celebrate The Contributions Of Pingali Venkayya To The Nation On His 146th Birth Anniversary In New Delhi. Union Home Minister Amit Shah Participated In “Tiranga Utsav.
- The Event Include The Release Of A Commemorative Postal Stamp In Honor Of Pingali Venkayya For His Invaluable Contribution To The Country Followed By The Felicitation Of His Family. The Tiranga Utsav Also Witness The Grand Launch Of The “Har Ghar Tiranga” Anthem And Video.
Reliance Jio Tops 5G Spectrum Bids
- Reliance Jio Emerged As The Largest Bidder Acquiring Close To Half Of All The Airwaves Sold In The Latest Auction For ₹ 88,078 Crores. According To Telecom Minister Ashwini Vaishnav, The Adani Group Bought 400 MHz, Or Less Than One Percent Of All Spectrum Sold, For ₹ 212 Crores.
Suresh N Patel Was Sworn In As CVC
- Vigilance Commissioner Suresh N Patel Was Sworn In As The Central Vigilance Commissioner. Central Vigilance Commission Is An Apex Indian Governmental Body Created In 1964 To Address Governmental Corruption. In 2003, The Parliament Enacted A Law Conferring Statutory Status On it.
Natural Gas In Primary Energy Mix By 15% By 2030
- The Government Has Set A Target Of Increasing Natural Gas In The Primary Energy Mix By 15% By 2030. At Present, The Use Of Natural Gas Is Only 6.3%. By The End Of May, This Year A Total Of 4,531 CNG Stations Have Been Established By The Authorized Entities.
7th Governing Council Meeting Of NITI Aayog
- PM Modi Chaired It At Rashtrapati Bhawan Cultural Centre, New Delhi. The Meeting Paved The Way For Synergies Toward A New Era Of Collaboration And Cooperation Between The Centre And States And Union Territories.
- The Agenda Of The Meeting Includes Crop Diversification And Achieving Self-sufficiency In Oilseeds, Pulses, And Agri-communities, Implementation Of The National Education Policy, And Urban Governance.
SSLV-D1-EOS 02 Launch From ISRO Failed
- Small Satellite Launch Vehicle SSLV-D1 Carried The Earth Observation Satellite EOS-02 And Another Small Satellite Azaadisat, Developed By The Student Team Of Space Kidz India. Azaadisat’ Comprising 75 Payloads Has Been Built By 750 Young Girl Students From 75 Rural Government Schools.
- The Maiden Launch Of The Small Satellite Launch Vehicle, SSLV Failed To Place The Satellites In The Intended Orbit Due To Sensor Anomaly. SSLV-D1-EOS 02 Launched From Sriharikota Launch Pad Had Placed The Satellites Into 356kmx76 Kms Elliptical Orbit Instead Of 356 Km Circular Orbit.
131st Durand Cup – 2022
- 131st Durand Cup – 2022: Asia’s Oldest Football Tournament Is Being Held In Three Different States – West Bengal, Assam, And Manipur For The First Time. Chief Minister N. Biren Singh Unveiled The Trophies Of The Tournament At A Function Held At The City Convention Centre In Imphal Last Month.
- The 131st Edition Of The Durand Cup Will Kick-start On August 16, 2022, At The Salt Lake Stadium In Kolkata, And The Final Will Be Held On September 18 At The Same Venue. It Is The Oldest Football Competition In Asia Which Was Started In 1888.
India Adds 11 More Wetlands As Ramsar Sites
- A Total Of 75 Sites Covering An Area Of 13,26,677 Hectare.
- Tamil Nadu (4), Odisha (3), J&K (2), MP (1), And Maharashtra (1).
- Tamil Nadu Has A Maximum Number Of Ramsar Sites Which Is 14, Followed By Uttar Pradesh Which Has 10 Numbers Of Ramsar Sites.
India Unveils First Saline Water Lantern
- India’s First Saline Water Lantern Which Uses The Seawater To Power The Specially Designed LED Lamps. The SAGAR ANVESHIKA, A Coastal Research Vessel, Operated And Used By The National Institute Of Ocean Technology (NIOT), Chennai To Review The Progress Of Deep Ocean Mission Of India.
- The Saline Water Lantern Will Bring “Ease Of Living” To The Fishing Community Living Along The 7500 Kilometres Long Coastal Line Of India. Saline Water-powered Roshini LED Lamps Will Also Boost And Supplement Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s UJALA Scheme.
India Steps Into Its 76th Year Of Independence
- The Next 25 Years, Will Be The Country’s ‘Amrit Kaal’. The PM Highlighted 5 Pledges That “All 130 Crore Indians” Need To Take And Laid Out The Roadmap That He Hopes Will Serve As A Guide For The Country Which Today Embarks On A Journey Toward Its Next Big Milestone.
- Focus On ‘Panchpran’: First, To Aspire Big And Develop India. Second, Erase All Traces Of Servitude. Third, Take Pride In India’s Legacy. Fourth, Forge Unity Because It Is Our Strength. Fifth, Fulfill One’s Duties, From The Common Man To Those In Positions Of Power.
- The Government Has Undertaken The Ambitious Project Cheetah Which Aims To Re-establish The Species In Its Historical Range In India. The Reintroduction Of Wild Species Particularly The Cheetah Is Being Undertaken As Per The International Union For Conservation Of Nature, IUCN Guidelines.
- The Date For Cheetah Introduction And Translocation Has Not Been Decided Yet. Upon Arrival, The Cheetahs Will Be Kept Under Quarantine And Observed Before Release. While The Agreement Has Been Signed With Namibia, The Process Of Signing Of MoU With South Africa Is Underway.
Har Ghar Jal Utsav
- Goa Has Become The First ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Certified State And Dadra And Nagar Haveli And Daman And Diu Are The First Union Territory In The Country. In This State And UT, People From All The Villages Have Declared Their Village As Har Ghar Jal Through A Resolution Passed By The Gram Sabha.
- All 2,63,000 Rural Households Of Goa And Over 85,000 Of Dadra And Nagar Haveli And Daman And Diu Have Access To Safe Drinking Water Through Tap Connection. Jal Jeevan Mission Launched in 2019 Aims At Making Provision Of Potable Tap Water Supply To Every Rural Household Of The Country By 2024.
- Following PM Modi’s Vision Of ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas Aur Sabka Prayas’, More Than 52 Percent Of Rural Households In The Country Are Now Connected With Tap Water Which Was Only 17 Percent At The Time Of The Launch Of This Mission In August 2019.
GI Tag For Mithila Makhana
- Mithila Makhana Or Makhan Is A Special Variety Of Aquatic Fox Nuts Cultivated In The Mithila Region Of Bihar And Nepal. Pan, Makhan, And Machh (Fish) Are The Three Prestigious Cultural Identities Of Mithila. Contains Protein, Fiber, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, And Phosphorus.
GARBA For UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- After The Inclusion Of ‘Durga Puja,’ India Has Now Nominated ‘Garba’ For 2022. The Next Meeting Of UNESCO Is In November. India Was Elected To The Intergovernmental Committee Of The 2003 Convention For The Safeguarding Of The Intangible Cultural Heritage In July.
Justice Indu Malhotra Committee Submits Its Report
- The Supreme Court Appointed Justice Indu Malhotra Committee Which Probed The Security Breach During Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Visit To Punjab In January This Year Has Indicated That The Then Ferozepur Senior Superintendent Of Police (SSP) Failed To Take Requisite Action.
- A Three Judge Bench Comprising Chief Justice N V Ramana, Justices Surya Kant, And Hima Kohli Perused The Report Submitted By Justice (Retired) Indu Malhotra Who Conducted The Inquiry. The Chief Justice Said The Court Would Send The Report To The Government For Further Action.
India’s First Earthquake Memorial: Smruti Van
- PM Modi Dedicated India’s First Earthquake Memorial, Named Smruti Van At Bhuj In Gujarat. Smruti Van Is A Unique Memorial Carrying The Names Of More Than 12,000 People Who Lost Their Lives In The Devastating Earthquake That Struck Here In January 2001.
Justice UU Lalit Takes Oath As 49th CJI
- He Will Be In Office For 74 Days, A Tenure Shorter Than Average. He Studied At The Government Law College, Mumbai, And Specialized In Criminal Law. He Practiced In The Bombay High Court Till 1985 And Moved To Delhi In 1986.
PM Jan Dhan Yojana Completes Eight Years
- 28th August 2014: The National Mission For Financial Inclusion. More Than 46.25 Crore Beneficiaries Banked Under PMJDY Since Inception, Amounting To Over Rs 1.73 Lakh Crore. PMJDY Accounts Grew Three-Fold From 14.72 Crore In March 2015 To 46.25 Crore As On The 10th August.
- 56% Jan-Dhan Account Holders Are Women And 67% Of Jan Dhan Accounts Are In Rural And Semi-urban Areas. 31.94 Crore Rupay Cards Have Been Issued To PMJDY Account Holders.
Neeraj Chopra Wins Lausanne Diamond League
- With The Best Throw Of 89.08 Metres. First Indian To Clinch The Prestigious Diamond League Meet Title. He Has Thus Qualified For The Diamond League Finals, Which Will Take Place In Zurich, Switzerland From September 7 And 8. He Has Also Now Qualified For The 2023 World Championships.
Curtains Come Down On 22nd Commonwealth Games
- A Glittering Closing Ceremony At The Alexander Stadium In Birmingham. The Action-packed Edition Games Concluded Following Eleven Days Of Sporting Activities In Which More Than 5,000 Athletes From 72 Nations And Territories Competed.
- The Indian Contingent Was Led By Boxer Nikhat Zareen And Table Tennis Player Achanta Sharath Kamal With The Indian Flag At The Closing Ceremony. Handed Over To The State Of Victoria In Australia Which Will Be Hosting The Next Edition Of The Games In 2026.
- At Commonwealth Games 2022, India Finished Fourth In The Overall Medals Tally With A Total Of 61 Medals Including 22 Gold, 16 Silver, And 23 Bronze. India Gave A Commendable Performance At The Games, Winning Unexpected Medals In Sports Like Lawn Bowls, Judo, And Athletics.
- Click Here: List Of Indian Gold, Silver & Bronze Medal Winners In Commonwealth Games 2022
Commission For World Peace
- Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Has Proposed A 3 Men Commission Comprising Prime Minister Narendra Modi, UN Secretary-general Antonio Guterres, And Pope Francis For Global Peace.
- The Mexican President Said, The Aim Of The Commission Is To Present A Proposal To Stop The Wars Around The World And Reach An Agreement To Seek A Truce For At Least Five Years.
IMF Team To Visit Colombo
- To Continue Discussions With The Sri Lankan Authorities On Economic And Financial Reforms. To Make Progress Toward Reaching An Agreement On A Prospective IMF Extended Fund Facility (Eff) Arrangement In The Near Term. It Said Sri Lanka’s Public Debt Is Assessed As Unsustainable.
- It Said Approval By The IMF Executive Board Of The EFF Program Would Require Adequate Assurances By Sri Lanka’s Creditors That Debt Sustainability Will Be Restored. The Island Nation Defaulted On Its 51 Billion Dollars Foreign Debt In April This Year.
UNICEF: Warns Children In Horn Of Africa And Sahel
- Drought And Conflict In Burkina Faso, Chad, Mali, Niger, And Nigeria Were Driving Up Water Insecurity, Resulting In 40 Million Children Facing High To Extremely High Levels Of Water Vulnerability. About 2.8 Million Children In These Regions Are Already Suffering From Severe Acute Malnutrition.
- Around 2\3rd Of Children Affected Are Under The Age Of 5 Years. Also Said That As Natural Water Sources Dried Up, The Knock-on Effect Was Significant Increases In The Price Of Water. WMO Said That Climate Change And Extreme Weather Events Have Increased Natural Disasters Over The Past 50 Years.
Sri Lanka Ranks 5th With Highest Food Price Inflation
- Sri Lanka Ranked 5th Among The 10 Countries With The Highest Food Price Inflation As Per The Latest World Bank Assessment. Lebanon, Zimbabwe, Venezuela, And Turkey Ranked First In The Four Countries.
- Record High Food Prices Have Triggered A Global Crisis That Will Drive Millions More Into Extreme Poverty, Hunger, And Malnutrition. Rising Food Prices Have A Greater Impact On People In Low And Middle-Income Countries Since They Spend A Larger Share Of Their Income On Food.
- _____ Has Become The First ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Certified State
- Andhra Pradesh
- 65th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference
- How Many Zonal Councils Are There In India At Present?
- India Recommended ____ For UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage List 2022
- National Conference Of Labour Ministers
- Who Founded The Kuomintang Party In 1912 AD
- Zheng Xi
- Sun Yat Sen
- Mao Ze Dong
- Sun Chung Shan
- Capital Of Taiwan
- India Stood At ____ In Henley Passport Index 2022
- Henley Passport Index Was Launched In
- As Per World Bank Assessment Highest Food Price Inflation
- Indus Water Treaty Was Brokered By
- River Was Also Known As Vipasa And Vitasta In Ancient Times
- Sutlej River
- Chenab River
- Ravi River
- Jhelum River
- ‘Aashwasan Campaign’ Is Associated With Eradication Of
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Neeraj Chopra Is Associated With
- Javelin Throw
- India’s First Earthquake Memorial: Smruti Van Is In
- Madhya Pradesh
- Pulitzer Prize Is Administered By
- Oxford University
- Stanford University
- Columbia University
- Princeton University
- First Indian Product To Get The GI Tag
- Aranmula Kannadi
- Darjeeling Tea
- Katarina Rice
- Madhubani Paintings
- Capital Of Zimbabwe
- Which Country Deployed The First 5G Network?
- South Korea
- In India, The Spectrum Auction Is Done By
- Department Of Telecommunications (DoT)
- Telecom Regulatory Authority Of India (TRAI)
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
- NITI Aayog
- ____ Is The Largest Tiger Reserve In India
- Jim Corbett
- Nagarjuna Sagar – Srisailam
- _______ Is The Smallest Tiger Reserve In India
- Bor Tiger Reserve
- Bandipur National Park
- Periyar National Park
- Bandhavgarh National Park
- SCO 2022 Summit Will Be Held At
- The Capital City Of New Zealand
- The First National Flag Of India In 1905 Was Designed By
- Sarada Devi
- Sister Nivedita
- Madam Cama
- Surayya Tayyabji
- Railway Budget Merged With General Budget On
- Bibek Debroy Committee
- Amit Paswan Committee
- Jaya Jaitley Committee
- Rajamannar Committee
- World Anti-Doping Agency Was Established In
- HQ Of World Anti-Doping Agency
- New York
- ______ Has Been Appointed As 49th CJI
- Uday Umesh Lalit
- D Y Chandrachud
- Sanjay Kishan Kaul
- S. Abdul Nazeer
- National Handloom Day Was Announced To Commemorate
- Quit India Movement
- Non-Cooperation Movement
- Swadeshi Andolan
- Civil Disobedience Movement
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs August 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs July 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs June 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs May 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]