The 18th edition of the Indo – US joint training exercise “YUDH ABHYAS 22” kicked off on November 19, 2022, just 100 km away from the China border at Auli, Uttarakhand.
The previous edition of the exercise was conducted at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, Alaska (USA) in October 2021.
What is Ex Yudh Abhyas
Ex Yudh Abhyas has conducted annually b/w India and USA with the aim of exchanging best practices, Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures b/w the Armies of the two nations.
Who All are participating Ex Yudh Abhya 2022
US Army soldiers of the 2nd Brigade of the 11th Airborne Division and Indian Army soldiers from the ASSAM Regiment will be participating in the exercise. The training schedule focuses on the employment of an integrated battle group under Chapter VII of the UN Mandate.
Significance & Importance Of Ex Yudh Abhyas 2022
Discussions and exercises on various military abilities, such as information operations and combat engineering, will be part of Yudh Abhyas 2022. Along with learning how to use other components of the Field Training Exercise, the soldiers will also receive training in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and counter-unmanned aircraft systems (C-UAS).
The Ministry’s press release continued, “The Field Training Exercise’s scope includes validating integrated battle groups, force multipliers, the establishment and operation of surveillance grids, operational logistics, skills for mountain warfare, casualty evacuation, and combat medical aid in challenging terrain and climatic conditions.
The exercise is particularly significant in light of China’s increasing assertiveness, especially close to the eastern border regions of Ladakh. It is planned to hold Yudh Abhyas 2022 just 100 kilometres away from the Line of Actual Control (LAC). After the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) engaged Indian army soldiers in combat in the Pangong Tso region in June 2020, tensions between India and China erupted, leading to a larger melee clash in the Galwan valley.
All peacekeeping and peace enforcement actions will be included in the program. To accomplish shared goals, the militaries of the two countries will cooperate. Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations will also be the main emphasis of the combined exercise. In preparation for any natural disaster, troops from both countries will rehearse initiating rapid and coordinated relief efforts.
Other Exercises With USA
- Ex VAJRA PRAHAR,
- Ex SPITTING COBRA,
- Ex SANGAM (IN-USN EOD Ex),
- Ex RED FLAG,
- Ex COPE INDIA
- Ex YUDHABHAYAS
Glimpses of recent Indian and USA military exercises
To crack the SSB Interview and join the Indian Navy as an Officer, You can join our SSB interview live classes batch and we recommend you to Enroll SSB INTERVIEW ONLINE COURSE. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants.
Also, check out recent military exercises by the Indian Armed Forces:
- What is Exercise Parvat Prahar 2022?
- What Is Exercise JIMEX 2022?
- 5th Edition Of Exercise Ekatha Between Indian Navy Divers, Marcos & MNDF Marines
- 40 Amazing Pictures From The Exercise Pitch Black 2022
- Indian Army & Air Force Conduct Joint Exercise “Gagan Strike”
- 17 Countries Will Participate In the Multilateral “Exercise Pitch Black 2022”
- Vietnam-India Bilateral Army Exercise Vinbax 2022 Concludes
- Indo Oman Joint Military Exercise Al Najaf IV Concludes
- Exercise Udarashakti Between Indian Air Force And Royal Malaysian Air Force Concludes
- List Of Indian Navy Multilateral And Tr-Services Military Exercises [UPDATED]
- Complete List Of Indian Navy Bilateral Exercise
- List Of Indian Navy Military Exercises 2022