In today’s current affairs for 17th November 2022, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs news. These important current affairs will be very helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air Force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air Force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 17 November 2022
India Becomes The 2nd Largest Producer Of Steel
- While Addressing The Steel Conference Of State Governments In New Delhi, Union Minister Of Steel Jyotiraditya Scindia Has Said That India Has Made Remarkable Progress In The Steel Sector.
- The Country Which Was Earlier A Net Importer Of The Steel Has Now Become A Net Exporter.
- Mr. Scindia Informed That India Has Also Moved From 4th Largest Producer Of Steel To The 2nd Largest Producer Of Steel At Global Scale.
- Per Capita Steel Consumption Grew From 57.8 Kilogram To 78 Kilogram.
- In Case Of Installed Capacity Of Steel, The Country Has Moved From 100 Million Tonnes A Year To Almost 150 Million Tonnes.
- Book Your SSB Interview Class Now – Click Here
- Join AFCAT 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Join CDS 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Join NDA 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Enroll In Our SSB Interview Course
India And Sweden Hosted The LeadIT Summit
- At Sharm El Sheikh In Egypt (COP 27), India And Sweden Hosted The LeadIT Summit.
- The Leadership For Industry Transition- LeadIT Initiative Aims On Low Carbon Transition Of The Hard To Abate Industrial Sector.
- LeadIT Was Launched By The PM Of Sweden And India With Support From The World Economic Forum (WEF) During The UN Secretary-general’s Climate Action Summit In 2019, In New York.
- Bhupender Yadav (Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change) Pointed That Co-development Is The Only Option To Meet The Targets That The World Has Taken For Itself And Without It, Low Carbon Transition Could Be Delayed By Decades.
- The Low Carbon Transition Of The Industrial Sector Will Not Only Contribute Towards The Reduction In Required Greenhouse Gas Emissions But It Has Several Co-benefits That Include Increasing Resilience To Changes In Climate, Enhanced Energy Security, Innovation, Socio-economic Development And Job Creation.
- Aim Of Initiative:
- Voluntary Initiative For Encouraging Low-carbon Transition Through Active Participation Of Private Sector Companies.
- Especially In The Sectors Like Iron & Steel, Aluminium, Cement And Concrete, Petrochemicals, Fertilisers, Bricks, Heavy-duty Transport. Members: 16 Countries, 19 Companies.
- Why We Need Initiatives Like LeadIT ?
- Nearly About 30% Of The Total CO2 Emissions Are Contributed By Industry Sector.
- Hence, Initiatives Like LeadIT To Drive Low Carbon Development Pathways In The Industry Sector Are Critical For Achieving The Goals Of The Paris Agreement.
- It is hosted by Stockholm Environment Institute, Sweden.
National Press Day 2022
- Every Year On 16 November, National Press Day Is Observed To Commemorate A Free And Responsible Press.
- In India, The Press Has Been Called the ‘Watchdog’ And The Press Council Of India Has Been Called the ‘Moral Watchdog’.
- It Draws Our Attention To The Freedom And Responsibilities Of The Press.
- Article 19 Of The Constitution Of India Provides For The Right To Freedom Of Speech And Expression.
- India Ranks 150th Position Among 180 Countries In World Press Freedom Index 2022.
- On 16 November 1966, This Council Started Its Formal Work & National Press Day Was Started.
- Since 1997, The Council Has Celebrated The Day In A Significant Manner Through Seminars With Relevant Themes.
- Information And Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur Presided Over The National Press Day Function In New Delhi.
- Press Council of India:
- The Press Council Of India Is A Statutory, Adjudicating Organisation In India Formed In 1966 By Its Parliament.
- It Is The Self-regulatory Watchdog Of The Press, For The Press And By The Press, That Operates Under The Press Council Act Of 1978.
- It Has A Chairman And There Will Be 28 Members.
- Chairperson (Press Council Of India) – Justice Ranjana Prakash Desai.
Digital Shakti 4.0 Launched By Indian Women Commission
- Carlos 4th Phase Of Digital Shakti Campaign Was Launched By The National Commission For Women On 15 November, A Pan- India Project On Digitally Empowering And Skilling Women And Girls In Cyberspace Making Women Digitally Proficient And Aware To Stand Against Any Illegal Or Inappropriate Activity Online.
- An Interactive Panel Discussion On “Combating Online Cyber-enabled Human Trafficking And Other Forms Of Online Violence In Association With Cyberpeace Foundation And META.
- 3rd Phase Of The Program Was Launched In Leh In 2021By The Chairperson Of The National Commission For Women In The Presence Of Lieutenant Governor Radha Krishna Mathur And Ladakh MP Jamyang Tsering Namgyal.
- To Provide Information On All The Ways A Woman Can Report When She Faces A Cybercrime, A Resource Center Was Developed.
- Digital Shakti:
- Digital Shakti Was Launched In June 2018 To Raise Awareness And Help WomenOn The Digital Front In India.
- It Is Helping Women With Reporting, Data Privacy And the Use Of Technology For Their Benefit.
- Chairperson Of The National Commission For Women – Rekha Sharma
PESA Act Implemented In Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh Government Implemented The Panchayat Extension To Scheduled Areas (PESA) Act On 15 November.
- President Draupadi Murmu Announced It At A Function Organised In Shahdol District On The Occasion Of The Birth Anniversary Of Tribal Freedom Fighter Birsa Munda.
- On This Occasion, MP Governor Mangu Bhai Patel, MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan And Several Tribal Ministers From The State And The Center Were Present On This Occasion.
- It Aims To Protect The Tribal Population From Exploitation With The Active Participation Of Gram Sabha.
- What Is PESA Act -1996 ?
- The Objective Of The Act Is To Ensure Self-governance Through Gram Sabhas For People Living In The Scheduled Areas.
- The Parliament Enacted Panchayat Extension To Scheduled Areas Act (PESA) In 1996 And Came Into Force On 24 December 1996.
- The Act Is Currently In Force In Areas Included In The Fifth Schedule Of The Constitution, Which Deals With The Administration Of Districts Dominated By Tribal Communities, These 10 States Are Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan And Telangana.
International Day For Tolerance 2022
- Every Year On November 16, International Day For Tolerance Is Observed With An Aim To Build Tolerance Among Diverse Cultures And Spread The Message That Tolerance Is An Integral Part Of Society.
- The Day Is Observed To Educate People About The Harmful Results Of Intolerant Society And Its Impact On The Nation.
- Tolerance And Non-violence Are Important Criteria For Cohabitation.
- The Goal Of The Day Is To Get People To Appreciate The Beauty Of Many Viewpoints, Ethnicities, Faiths, And Ideologies While Also Recognising The Cultural Diversity That Exists.
- History Of International Day For Tolerance:
- The UN General Assembly Adopted Resolution 51/95 Announcing November 16 As International Day For Tolerance Back In 1996.
- In 1995, The UN Paid Tribute To Mahatma Gandhi On His 125th Birth Anniversary.
- UNESCO Started A Prize UNESCO- Madanjeet Singh Prize (Tolerance And Non-violence.
- About UNESCO:
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific And Cultural Organization Is A Specialised Agency Of The United Nations Aimed At Promoting World Peace And Security Through International Cooperation In Education, Arts, Sciences And Culture.
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Founded: 16 November 1945, London, United Kingdom
- Head: Audrey Azoulay (Director-Gen)
1st Global Media Congress Held In Abu Dhabi 2022
- On 15 November 2022, 1st World Media Congress Opened At Abu Dhabi (15-17 November).
- The Conference-cum-exhibition Congress Is Organised By ADNEC Group In Partnership With Emirates News Agency (WAM).
- Theme: Shaping the Future of the Media Industry.
- Secretary, Ministry Of Information Broadcasting Apurva Chandra Represented India. Apurva Chandra Said That India Is A Country With A Traditional Media Having 897 Television Channels (350 Were News Channels) And Over 80 Thousand Newspapers Coming Out In Various languages.
- About The United Arab Emirates:
- The UAE Is A Country In Western Asia Or Middle East Region Of The World In The Arabian Peninsula.
- It Is A Federation Of 7 Emirates Of Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Khaimah, Ajmain, Fujairah, And Umm -Al- Quwain.
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: Emirati Dirham
- President: Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan
G-20 Presidency Handed Over To India
- Joko Widodo (Indonesian President ) Formally Handed Over The G-20 Presidency To PM Narendra Modi On 16 November 2022 At 17th G-20 Summit In Bali.
- India Will Officially Assume The G-20 Presidency From 1 December 2022.
- The 18th G-20 Leaders’ Summit To Be Held On September 9-10, 2023 In New Delhi.
- PM Modi Noted That LiFE (Lifestyle For Environment Campaign) Can Make A Big Contribution & Its Purpose Is To Make Sustainable Lifestyles A Mass Movement.
- Theme Of India’s G-20 Chairmanship – ‘One Earth, One Family, One Future.
- About G-20:
- Group Of 20 Or G-20 Is A Multilateral Organisation Which Was Set Up In 1999.
- Member Countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, EU, United Kingdom, And United States.
- The 1st Summit Meeting Of The Leaders Of The G-20 Was Held In 2008 At Washington, US.
- Italy Was The President Of The G-20 In 2021.
- Indonesia Is The President For 2022.
- India Will Be The President In 2023.
- With Which Country India Hosted The LeadIT Summit In COP27?
- None Of The Above
- Who Is The Union Minister of Environment, Forest & Climate Change?
- Jyotiraditya Scindia
- Jitendra Singh
- Bhupendra Yadav
- None Of The Above
- National Press Day Is Observed On Which Day?
- 15 November
- 16 November
- 12 November
- None Of The Above
- What Was India’s Rank In World Press Freedom Index 2022?
- None Of The Above
- Who Is The Chairperson Of the Press Council Of India?
- Sanjay Malhotra
- Ranjana Prakash Desai
- Rajiv Shukla
- None Of The Above
- In Which City, 3rd Phase Of Digital Shakti Was Launched ?
- Who Is The Current Chairman Of the National Women Commission Of India?
- Rekha Sharma
- Shobha Ojha
- Aasha Devi
- None Of The Above
- Which Of The Following State, PESA Act Is Not Yet Implemented?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs October 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs September 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs August 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs July 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs June 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs May 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]